Copyright2020FashionRadi. Powered by Blogger.

PHOTOSHOOT IDEAS: WAYS TO TAKE YOUR PHOTOS TO THE NEXT LEVEL!

Hello everyone,


Do you know that feeling when you see a photo on Instagram and are immediately inspired by it? So inspired that you wish it was your creation? This happens to me all the time! Thanks to all these amazing photographers and models, I'm able to to learn and even improve my own skills. It's really something indescribable because we creatives thrive on seeing our ideas come to live. It's ELECTRIC!

Since I have been blogging for 5 years now (will be 6 in April), I've always wanted to progress, grow and hopefully inspire YOU! To me, one photo can tell a story and evoke a feeling just by observing it. A single glance and it's as if you're there. 

In my photos, I strive to tell stories of passion, strength, youth and the power of beauty. That's why before each photoshoot there is a thought process, which I like to chase until the end (yep, I'm super stubborn)🤣. Once I share this idea with my photographer we get to work and make it happen. 

So today I want to share with you a few ways you can take your own photos to the next level. Next time, you're doing a photoshoot try these tips. I think you will most definitely like the results!😉 

A really cool and fun way to make your photos pop is of course with a catchy-fun neon sign! They're so instagrammable and make any plain white wall extra exciting. Neon Mama has super awesome pink neon signs with messages like " it was all a dream" or " a little party never killed nobody".      

Now let you shutter button start dancing!📸 




1. Add a Mirror

To give your photos a different dimension, add a mirror. Any mirror you own is fine. It doesn't have to be fancy. You just have to know how to use it. If it's small enough you can be holding it in your hands. If it's big enough, you can place it on the ground and play with various angles. What I love about a mirror shot is not only the double reflection, but also the way it captures the surroundings. It's so perfect to use in the desert since there you have the open space to try lots of creative poses. 

Last year during our road trip to the Valley of Fire, I decided to load up my mirror in the car and give this idea a try. It was so fun and something that I haven't done before. At first it's kind of difficult as you're trying to adjust and check-out to see if your photographer and their camera are in the shot. As time passes, it becomes like second nature... your mirror becomes your best friend! 

Also, you don't have to limit yourself to just a mirror. Whenever I see a cool reflection, I'm so inspired to basically get in it and later see what comes out of it. For example, when parking many times I see the reflection of palm leaves on the window of the car and you just know that's a winning photo. Or I see cool buildings with tinted windows that create such photogenic opportunities. Don't miss these opportunities and always keep your eyes open! You never know what treasure you might stumble upon!!!




2. Get Crafty with Clothes

Another unique way to add dimension and that "WOW" effect is through your clothing. This one is just as fun especially if you're wearing a flowy dress and there is wind. Let the train of your dress flow into the camera as you pose. This will give your photo a super dreamy effect! 

You can really play with different fabrics to improve the creativity of your photos. For example, use the lace of any type of clothing you own to cover the lens. Can it get more passionate than that? haha

As a desert lover some of my favorite photos I have done are with palm leaves. I love having them in the foreground as a close-up while I'm in the back pretending to be in a desert paradise. It turns out beautiful and these photos are ones that always remind me of some kind of magazine campaign. 

The props and options are endless. Clothes are meant to be worn, but ohhh yeah, they can be more than that, when it comes to creating a story within a single photo. Your Insta-photos will be skyrocketing that's for sure!!! 💯




3. Add a Silhouette

This third and last photo idea is one I want to experiment more with because it can absolutely leave you speechless in the best sense of the word. 

Create a silhouette figure with a lit background. Definitely play with different lighting and focus on the one subject you want to be the center of attention. It can be a silhouette of a dancer on stage with colorful lights shinning in from every side. Just imagine how stunning of a shot that would be!

This creative image idea can be a bit of a challenge and I feel the more experience you have with the camera, the better. However, that's how we creatives learn. We keep on trying and wanting to improve our imagination, imagery and composition. So fear no more! Add a silhouette figure next time you want to create something captivating. I'm sure you'll inspire a lot of people with an exposure like that!

Also, many silhouettes can happen on the beach during sunset as the sun is setting behind you. It's one of these moments when it's so good to have your camera at hand. You'll completely fall in love with the idea and want every sunset to be a silhouette dream. 

Now tell me...what inspires you to take creative photographs? What do you want to improve on when it comes to your photography? 

~ Photography: @dani.ela.photography
~ Follow Me: IG: @fashionradi  Twitter: @fashionradi
Pinterest: FashionRadi  Facebook: FashionRadi 



                                                                                                                         Love, Radi 

93 comments

  1. Awesome tips!
    You are always great looking in any circumstances!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. as usual, your photos looked amazing

    about idea and skill for photography , i haven't both lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you =) I love intense workouts and I hope this booster will push it :D

    Interesting tipps for beautiful pictures, I like them =) I'm not that creative :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Muchas gracias...que amable!
      Verte pronto en mi proximo post.

      Delete
  5. I loved these tips! Your photos always look super professional xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this tips! I definitely get inspiration from Instagram and Pinterest!

    Jennifer
    Curated By Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tips Radi... You are so gorgeous as always!
    https://chicchedimamma.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. These tips are actually simple, but make a huge difference, thanks for sharing your ideas and showing examples! <3


    http://www.couture-case.com

    ReplyDelete

  9. Very good photo ideas, I loved it. xoxo

    https://beperes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked it! See you in the next one 😉

      Delete
  10. Great tips- very useful. You always have here so stunning and beautiful pictures dear

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amei esse post com ideias criativas para fotos, estou mesmo precisando das ideias para fotografar em casa já que não estou saindo. Achei muito legal.
    Beijos.


    https://www.parafraseandocomvanessa.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your photos are so fab and artsy! I love it. You really know how to work your angles for the camera and it's so admirable. Thanks for sharing these tips!

    www.lynnmumbingmejia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It took me a while to learn...been blogging for 5 and a half years now. 😁

      Delete
  13. Great tips Radi! Your pics are always so creative and outside the box, I love them!

    Não Me Mande Flores

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for your advices. I always feel unsure with my own photos. Have a nice day. Best regards Jana

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great tips and beautiful photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the idea of adding a mirror. Love the advice! You always take amazing pictures!
    xxxx

    https://ooomaye.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your photos are always beautiful! I'm always striving to improve my photography and these are great tips!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  18. After 12 years of blogging I am still incapable of taking creative pics, I will try too follow your advice
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're doing fine. I hope this post gave you some fresh new ideas.

      Delete
  19. Thanks you for sharing all theses photoshoot ideas with us.
    Now I want to try all theses ideas especially the mirror one.
    The aesthetic of pictures with a mirror is so beautiful !
    xx
    Margot
    https://troughthepasturesofthesky.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing tips! Your photos always look incredible so I need to keep these in mind and get playing with a mirror x

    Sophie
    wwww.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love these tips, friend! Your photos always look amazing. :)

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  22. I certainly agree with the photo tips you suggest .... no doubt your photo poses always look Wow ... and photogenic.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've been following your blog since few years ago and I can tell that you're really born as model, Radi! I like every concept of your photoshoot :)

    xoxo,
    |CHELSHEAFLO|

    NEW POST :
    https://www.chelsheaflo.com/2021/01/review-looke-cosmetics-holy-flawless-bb.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the sweetest and thank you for following my blog/journey for so long.

      Delete
  24. I loved the photo style. xoxo https://beperes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your photos are really beautiful and inspiring!
    And it's really cool when we see a photographer or model and that makes us get inspired and create our own photos.

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  26. I loved the photos and the tips. To take a good picture, we have to think about the whole context and think fast.
    xo
    https://www.dearlytay.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  27. These tips are extremely helpful! Thanks for sharing :)

    https://www.mariannyc.com/how-i-spent-my-29th-birthday/

    ReplyDelete
  28. To be honest, your photos inspire me alot, are always so creative and stylish!
    And those tips are really super useful, my only problem is having the worst photographer ever (my mom)... -_-
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      Omg this made me laugh so much!!!🤣🤣🤣

      Delete
  29. I love all these pics Radi! Thanks for sharing your tips!!!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself


    My Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great tips, your pictures are always so beautiful!

    Beijos/Kisses.



    Anete Oliveira

    Blog Coisitas e Coisinhas

    Fanpage

    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  31. You have some really cool photos! Thank you for sharing!

    I hope you are having a great week!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks for sharing your tips! Your photos are gorgeous.

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  33. You always have really fun photoshoots, Radi! I love seeing your content xx

    Naya
    www.nayatilly.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love these ideas! The photo of you in the car with the reflection is so beautiful!

    Katie | katieemmabeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. You are so beautiful and the last shot is super cool , Radi!
    I would love to try the idea to use palm leaves!

    akiko
    www.akikohiramatsu.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great advice. By watching others, you can find inspiration for interesting frames or ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love your photoshoot ideas! And that Guess top of yours is really cool :D

    Mari | www.dazedmari.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Over my blogging years I have become so obsessed with photography (even though I photograph products), I'm always looking to experiment and try new styles. I've been purchasing new back drops and It's been so fun trying new styles.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Photography is definitely a big part of blogging.
      That's awesome! 😉

      Delete
  39. These are good tips and you always have lovely photos! I just take my photos myself with camera and tripod so I don't get as creative as some people can like yourself with a photographer :)

    Hope that you are having a good weekend :) Another hot one here!

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thank You for sharing some good ideas. I will try with reflection :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. Can't wait to see your creation.

      Delete
  41. super cool photo ideas! love them :)

    If you want, check out my "Work From Home Outfit Idea for Winter 2021"
    https://www.evaredson.com/2021/01/lilac-leather-work-from-home-outfit.html

    xx Eva

    ReplyDelete
  42. Great advices. I like photos with mirror :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love these ideas Radi! the mirror pic is so cool! xx

    Danielle's Beauty Blog 

    ReplyDelete
  44. Nice tips, thanks beautiful. I do love adding mirrors in my photography too to create an additional dimension xx
    Elegant Duchess
    https://www.elegantduchess.com/

    ReplyDelete
  45. I often get inspired with photos on Instagram (I have some of my favorite profiles), but usually these are stylizations or spots (I'm looking for similar ones)
    When it comes to learning photography (I'm not good at it and it's probably not my passion) I use the tips of photographers
    best regards

    ReplyDelete
  46. Playing with mirrors really does spice up images! All of these photos are absolutely gorgeous! I hope you're having a good weekend <3

    Jill
    https://jilliancecilia.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally Jill! Thank you so much! Happy weekend!

      Delete
  47. Wow beautiful ;)
    „Zapraszam także do siebie na nowy post - KLIK

    ReplyDelete
  48. Thank you for the tips babe!
    xx- Nina
    http://www.stylingwithnina.com/2021/01/my-first-pair-of-designer-shoes-tips-on.html

    ReplyDelete
  49. wow, such good ideas and poses.
    Will take them into good use :)

    Love,

    Angela

    http://www.angelavissers.nl

    ReplyDelete
  50. Wow, great ideas!
    Love the silluete tips :).
    The second image is so perfect! I'll try to photograph an equal one.
    xo www.diadebrilho.com

    ReplyDelete
  51. Love this post, Radi! I'm always looking for suggestions for better blog shots. :) I have seen the effects of reflections (mirror/ponds) by accident. I love the twinning effect. :) Hope you're having a great week!

    http://lizzyslatest.com/

    ReplyDelete
  52. Hi, how are you?
    I really liked the tips. It helped me to have some ideas.
    xoxo
    AVA
    https://apenasava.com/

    ReplyDelete
  53. Amei suas dicas de fotografias, deu até saudades de quando eu tirava inúmeras fotografias para postar ou apenas para guardar de lembrança. Eu sempre dou uma leve caprichada no look e gostei da ideia dos espelhos, com certeza irei aderir.
    Beijos. 
    Diário da Lady

    ReplyDelete
  54. Yes it seems we all have to take our photography skills to the next level for sure. Such great tips here and I like how you guys broke out of the traditional shot and would shoot through or behind things like shooting through the glass of a car or behind a chainlink fence.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  55. There are such great tips here, your photographs are amazing!

    https://volumesofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  56. Hey Radi! How you doing?! I hope you're having a good start of the month!

    Ooooh where to start?! First of all I'd say you have improved a lot, I've been following Fashion Radi for many years (thanks for your constant support too) and you are evolving in a very natural way. Some of your pictures feels so editorial and I really like what you're posting lately over here.

    So thank you for sharing these tips and advices with us! When it comes to photography there is a lot of techniques that we could improve, but on the other side the creative area (adding mirrors, crafty details in look) are very useful and some of them are there to be used in a few minutes!

    Keep doing an amazing creative job!

    Pablo
    Hey Fungi

    ReplyDelete
  57. Your photos always have such an awesome artistic touch! Great tips!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  58. Beautiful photos
    http://retromaggie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  59. Love all of these! The one with the mirror is such a romantic one!

    xx, mel
    http://melinspired.com/how-to-save-more-at-home-for-the-planet-your-wallet/

    ReplyDelete
  60. Thank you so much for the inspo! I really want to up my photography game this year!

    -Tracy
    Find Your Dazzle

    ReplyDelete
  61. Your photo looks great, photogenic and fashionable..
    Great shot..

    ReplyDelete
  62. I always love your pictures on IG. These are some really great ideas to try. I need to improve my selfies :-)

    Via | https://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete
  63. Greetings, do you have a Twitter page that I may follow? Thanks
    Hunter Abbassi
    RCG Online Store

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my twitter is @fashionradi.
      See you there!

      Delete