Copyright2020FashionRadi. Powered by Blogger.

4 WAYS TO REFRESH YOUR DESK AREA!

Hello everyone,


Once the new year comes, I have a tendency to want to change/rearrange everything around me...to begin fresh! This includes cleaning the closet, spicing-up my desk area, so I feel more inspired, revamping the living room and redecorating things that feel old or out of place. Who else loves doing this? 

Since spring is fast approaching and I spend most of my time at my desk, I thought now is the perfect time to give it a stylish" NEW look. This doesn't involve going all out - Home Improvement edition. I'm just simply adding tiny details that make a BIG difference. You know, the kind of details that also matter when it comes to fashion, like the choice of shoes you wear or the color of your nails.  

This type of project can instantly make you feel better. I know it works for me every time I even glance at my desk! In many scenarios change is good! So, if you've got the time, grab one area of your home and turn it into something that you enjoy. There is so much inspiration to be found online that in the end you'll feel like a professional interior designer. That's how I feel...this stuff can easily rub-off on you! 😆 

Now let's get into it! 

Here are the changes I made to bring a brand new feel to my desk area:






This offer is valid for a MONTH! ☝

1. Add Unique Wallart

First thing's first, change the art on your wall. It completely transforms any room. That's something I like to do annually. Currently, I've got the gorgeous skyline of Las Vegas on full view from Photowall. Loving the silhouette paint splashes of the Strip and waking up to this sight is just like a Spanish serenade to my eyes! 

You can get endless inspiration from Photowall since there's everything from tropical vibes, to city magic to your favorite animals. The best part is that you have total control of your print...the size, the material! You can even cover the whole wall of your home with an easy to apply wallpaper. Also, there's the option of a canvas print (the one I went for), a framed print or even your own personalized art. How cool is that? 

I must add I'm completely impressed with the quality of the canvas and how easy it was to hang up. It comes with instructions and even a video to help you out.

I personally wanted my wallart to be big enough to cover most of the space above my desk area. So, I did some measuring and decided to go for a 43.31 X 31.5 inches in size. I LOVE IT! 😍 

One thing is for sure...the art on your wall has a huge impact on your space, mood and environment. Good thing a lovely piece of art can be such a big inspirational force especially when the art brings a happy sentiment into your life. 

Here's your chance to set new, fresh vibes into your home with unique art from Photowall. Apply code fashionradi25 for 25% OFF at checkout. This offer is valid for one month. Enjoy and let me know what you picked!

2. Add an Air Diffuser

I like to bring Zen into my working space, so this year I am extra Zen and happy with having aromatherapy at the corner of my desk. The natural oils tend to calm me and make my work flow more easily. Plus, it's a great unwinding tool if you've had a bad day. 

Now that I have an air diffuser, I really can't believe I haven't had one before. It's such a positive addition to any room. I'm definitely planning to add one in each room! 😊 Do you have an essential oils diffuser and have you seen a positive change since having one? 

I like the fact that each time you can change the scent of the oils and enjoy exactly what suits your mood that day. My favorite smell is the rose oil... I add extra drops every time! 😉

3. Add Plants 

I think we can agree on one thing...any space blossoms with the presence of flowers or plants! 🌿💐 The more the merrier! This is why I don't mind, overflowing my desk area with greens. hahaha 
The kind of greens that make me feel like I'm in a tropical jungle, not sitting at a desk. 😂

You can make it even more magical by adding sparkly lights on the bigger plants, the way I have done. It really feels close to being in an enchanted forest! I can't contain my happiness!!!

One thing I will say is try to add real plants/flowers. They're a better choice for a more harmonizing feng shui. Lively plants bring a more positive energy to the whole space. In the end, that's exactly what we want for our home!

4. Add Books/Magazines

Whatever your passion is, I think it's good to surround yourself with it as much as you can. Get things like magazines and books or even stationary objects that remind you of it. For example, if you love music and want to be a musician get a bookshelf of your favorite CDs or collect and read the biographies of your favorite artists. This way you're constantly learning and being inspired!

I like reading fashion magazines and having a few of my favorite books on display that I have read and have made a positive impact on my life. Looking at them makes me happy! Plus, they add a cute decorative touch to my desk.
 

Have you made any home "renovations" recently? How do you like to refresh your desk area?   


~ This post is a collaboration with Photowall. All opinions are my own. 
~ Photography: @artisticspring
~ Follow Me: IG: @fashionradi  Twitter: @fashionradi
Pinterest: FashionRadi  Facebook: FashionRadi  



                                                                                                                        Love, Radi  

79 comments

  1. Great post! I completely agree about plants and a diffuser, they add serenity to the environment xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Most definitely... makes work so much more enjoyable.

      Delete
  2. Great tips! I wish I had a desk. Currently, I'm moving around between the kitchen and living room.

    Jennifer
    Curated By Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful corner! I loved the tips.
    My dream is to have a beautiful desk with my own style :)

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I hope your dream comes true this year!

      Delete
  4. Love the diffuser! The shape and colour are so cute!
    xxx

    https://ooomaye.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you =) Oh yes I love the "Frozen" movies, Olaf is so cute.

    Really great post with nice tips.
    I like your desk a lot, it looks pretty and comfortable. My desk is full of so many stuff :D PC, sound bars, books, some nail polishes etc. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I agree on all your tips. I have them all on my desk. This year, I actually kept mine simple as I really like the minimalist lifestyle. Nothin is really on my desk at the moment :) Thanks for sharing x

    www.lynnmumbingmejia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cute! I decided to place some of my favorite things on my desk for inspiration.

      Delete
  7. I love these tips! I actually just got a piece from Photowall and love it!

    Tracy
    https://www.findyourdazzle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yay...don't you just love the quality and the many options?

      Delete
  8. I think we really have same interests Radi!
    I love to put wall decoration and diffuser/scented candle on my desk, and of course, books!
    I like Photowall's canvas print they have such amazing quality!

    xoxo,
    |CHELSHEAFLO|

    www.chelsheaflo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your great advices. Have a nice day. Best regards Jana

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for your tips, this is good reference to me. adding wallart may be good choice for my old room.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love a good plant! They really help bring a bit of life and colour to a room! And they become a constant challenge to try and keep alive haha!

    Katie | katieemmabeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like this post. Cool tips.

    https://www.biigthais.com/

    Kisses ;*

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm the same with new year. I want to rearrange everything. Great tips and your desk looks awsome.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Radi, how you doing?!

    I hope this first month of the year is going well!

    I loved this post since interior design and decoration is one of my current passions.... and obviously the best way to start a new year is to rearrange and put in order our house, specially the place where we are spending most of the time these days: the desk! I like to rearrange it and move pieces, maybe I do it too much but for me it is a living space!

    I have included many of the things you recommended here, except for the diffuser, but a wallpaper, plants and books are always included here!

    Pablo
    Hey Fungi

    ReplyDelete
  15. I also love rearranging my desk very often. If I can't do much at work because we often have to change office and desk, I do it very often at home and was already many of your ideas. Thank you for your post, it is very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love seeing people's desks when they've decorated them and made them their own, especially if it's a bit of a thrown together area to use while WFH. Mine is covered in planners and memory cads, not the cutest! Your print looks lovely x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really love your desk area! I will get a diffuser, hopefully soon! Have a great week!
    PerlaGiselle | iamperlita.com
    ♥ | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Perla. Yes, I bet it will bring you positive vibes. Highly recommend it!
      You too! ❤

      Delete
  18. Yups, this is a brilliant idea to change the atmosphere of a table appearance!

    I also often redecorate for the power table and bedroom so as not to get bored.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great post, Radi! Your desk area is really so beautiful!
    I would love to make that tropical jungle in my room, too<3

    akiko
    www.akikohiramatsu.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are great ideas! I love adding plants into my home, they add so much x

    Laura
    https://www.beautywithlala.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. So many interesting suggestions, I love plants!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself


    My Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! It look very good! Ifallow you now! :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful and calm environment. It is always good to renew everything and give a new perspective.
    I'm crazy about an air diffuser.
    xo
    https://www.dearlytay.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and I totally agree with you!
      I'm crazy too! 🤣

      Delete
  24. Fantastic post! This interiors look fantastic :) HAve a nice weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love refreshing my space - it makes such a difference to my mental clarity and wellbeing!

    Hayley || hayleyxmartin

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful tips!
    I prefer to decorate by adding plants and some books :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your desk looks lovely and I really like the canvas! :) I still have a blank wall above my desk, I really need to decide what to do with it, I want some family pics but I can't decide if I want a frame or just a corkboard I can pin them to!

    My desk is not as organised as yours though, I have lots of lego toys the boys make me and it's a bit messy as a result, haha!

    Hope that you are having a wonderful weekend :) We are off to the park later today :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great tips and your desk area is so beautiful!

    Beijos/Kisses.



    Anete Oliveira

    Blog Coisitas e Coisinhas

    Fanpage

    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wonderful photos and interesting post dear!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yes I am in love with these tips! So good to give your desk area a refresh, often find it helps me muster that much needed motivation! Thanks for sharing <3

    //teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great ideas here ! I love your work space.
    I need to do the same. Decorations make such a difference.
    xx
    Margot
    https://troughthepasturesofthesky.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your print! I have just gotten a poster from Photowall and I love it xx

    Violethollow.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love your desk!!!
    xx- Nina
    http://www.stylingwithnina.com/2021/01/how-to-wear-red-in-winter.html

    ReplyDelete
  34. I really liked its decoration.
    I love putting a mural on my wall with important notes and notes that I need to do, as well as books and notepads to write ideas and inspirations throughout the day.
    xo www.diadebrilho.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wall art is a great way to spice up your home. Love the print you purchased. I need to do some changes to my home as well. :-)

    Via | https://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I have an air diffuser and plants in my room and I think they both add such great energy!

    https://www.mariannyc.com/how-to-be-mindful-in-your-daily-life/

    ReplyDelete
  37. I like how you organize and decorate your desk area. It look very beautiful.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2021/01/hugo-boss-scent-private-accord-for-her.html

    ReplyDelete
  38. lovely decor <3
    http://retromaggie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  39. Your desk looks beautiful now 😍
    I always admire people who know how to decorate it - I can't do it at all, that's why my desk is either empty or it's a mess 😂
    greetings

    ReplyDelete
  40. What a peaceful and productive space! That print of Vegas is gorgeous. I need to reorganize my desk because it has become quite messy. I hope you are having a good start to your week :)

    Jill
    https://jilliancecilia.com/

    ReplyDelete
  41. the most love of tips is "3. Add Plants."
    Thank you for sharing useful tips

    ReplyDelete
  42. Thanks for these ideas!!!

    http://www.itzytrendy.com/2021/01/fall-in-winter.html

    ReplyDelete
  43. I do have on my desk a book, no magazines. And candles no diffuser, but I like it. :)

    Somethingbykate

    ReplyDelete
  44. So cool!!! ;)

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  45. So many lovely ideas, beautiful interiors!

    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself


    My Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  46. Totally agree that a diffuser really adds some zen to a space- I have one on my desk, too!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love this post! Love a diffuser and some wall art. so chic!

    - www.christinacenci.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. I love these tips! I've been investing in some nice wall art to decorate my office space and I can't wait to get it all arranged properly!

    Amy | sassycatlady.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. Great tips and ideias, so cute desk area and inspiration

    Kisses
    www.pimentadeacucar.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. So lovely! I like adding flowers and plants too. It makes the space so much nicer and prettier to look at.

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  51. These are great ideas, Radi! I really love your space! So pretty!

    http://lizzyslatest.com/

    ReplyDelete
  52. I wanted to say Thank You for providing this information, youre doing a great job with the site if you get a chance would you help me make some changes to my site? Ill pay you for your help, you can find the link to my site in my name. Thank you!
    RCG Online Store

    ReplyDelete