Copyright2020FashionRadi. Powered by Blogger.

FUN FALL ACTIVITIES: MAKE YOUR OWN CANDLES!

 Hello everyone,

With autumn here there is nothing like spending more time at home, right? The only thing is sometimes we run out of things to do. Once we have rearranged our wardrobe, carved pumpkins, set up fall decorations and checked-off everything on our list, we can enjoy some quality time with friends and family. A fun activity to do all together is to make your own candles!!!

This is the season to get cozy and creative! Candle making is something I haven't done before, but always had the desire to try. Well, I finally did! It's very therapeutic and so interesting learning about the process of candle making. It actually takes some time and some accuracy to get the wax and oil to the right temperature, so the candle turns out just right. Also, this gave me an insight on how candles are made...I was curious to find out ever since my sister started working for a candle company. Well, now I know all the secrets! 😂 

Are you ready to get cozy and add some aroma to your home? 

I got this Ash & Harry candle making kit and am ready to show you my new skills!😉








This is such a fun fall activity to do with your kids. They can choose the smells or help with the small tasks like pouring in the finished mixture. Cute little helpers are always needed!😁

One of the BEST things about this candle making kit is that it contains everything you need inside...you don't have to go out of your way and purchase things. It contains wicks, pretty decorative pods, a thermometer, a measuring cup, a few choices of essential oils and coloring blocks. Literally, all of the fun bits and necessities. It's as wonderful as it sounds! 💕

I won't bore you with the steps to candle making because the instructions were very clear and easy to follow. I'll just tell you that there's something so nice about burning a candle later, which you know you made yourself. That feeling of creating something yourself is so empowering. It feels extra satisfying because nowadays you can just buy things already made.

Have you tried making your own candles? 

If you're in the search for something to do, I highly recommend trying out this kit. Get your closest friends/family and enjoy a day of creativity!!! 


~ This kit was send to me by Ash & Harry. All opinions are my own.
~ Photography: @dani.ela.photography 
~ Follow Me: IG: @fashionradi   Pinterest: FashionRadi 



                                                                                                                               Love, Radi                 

39 comments

  1. What a nice post:) thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Radi, I hope you're enjoying October so far! How's everything on your side?

    Wow! I am a candle lover so this would be the perfect activity for the upcoming indoor season. I like the way you collaborated with Ash & Harry, showing a lot of pics from the process. I'd say it looks quite fun, interesting and easy right? As you well said it is nice to read that you don't need to buy anything else since everything comes in the box :)

    Let us know what other candles you make! Something spicy and woody for this autumn season? *_*

    Pablo
    www.HeyFungi.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like so much fun. Thank you for sharing.

    Have a lovely day.
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love candles! Making your own is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love candle during the cold seasons. I never thought of making any, but I might try one day.
    https://www.comfycozyup.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never tried to make my own candle - but long evenings (those in autumn or winter, as long as you spend them at home - it's a rarity for me) are the perfect occasion for this :)
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post. Thanks for sharing.
    I invite you to visit my last post. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like such a fun idea, Radi! Love all of your photos here, too!

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is...I would love to do it again. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  9. Omg, I wanna make candles! Made soap before and it was super fun. But candles sound even cooler!!

    Lots of love,
    Krissi of the marquise diamond
    https://www.themarquisediamond.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes do it! All you need is a bit of time. Making soap is something I would love to try making too.

      Delete
  10. I tried once to make small candles out of coffee cups but the result wasn't all that special. You on the other hand, made some fabulous candles!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Radi, the candles you created are interesting and have a beautiful color. I follow you. If you want, I'll wait for you on my 2 blogs. Tiziana

    ReplyDelete
  12. fall is one of the best seasons to have fun indoor....
    lovely candles

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow how DIY of you! This looks super fun and yes a great fall activity!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Radi! This sounds like a fun project! I will be in NC next month babysitting my brother's 3 kids. This will be something fun to do with them, I'm sure. :) Thank you for sharing. I am finally back to blogging and catching up. Hope you've been well! Take Care!

    http://lizzyslatest.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cool idea!!!!
    I'd love to try making candles! And I would even be a great gift idea!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a nice idea and I would love to do something like this. Thanks for sharing, Radi. Very helpful!

    https://www.missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. That candle kit looks so great! I would love to try it with my family:)
    Your look so elegant on the dress, Radi<3

    akiko
    https://kimonosnack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Akiko. It's always great hearing from you.

      Delete
  18. sound very fun...
    Have a wonderful autumn

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've seen lots of diy candles but I haven't gotten the chance to make one myself yet! Yours turned out so amazing, this could also be a perfect gift idea as well!

    Have a lovely day! ♥
    XO, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving this, wish I could find everything I need to create my own candles and finally start, seems so relaxing! <3


    http://www.couture-case.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great idea for a christmas gift! Haven´t done a candle in years but this looks really fun :)
    have a great day,
    Tiziana

    www.tizianaolbrich.de

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for sharing such a great idea! Looking forward for the next post.

    Diana
    5 Tips To Pull Off A Stunning Look With Minimal Jewellery

    ReplyDelete
  23. I always want to learn how make candles. This is so interesting and cool. I can see that you enjoy so much making these candles.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This sounds like a perfect cosy craft for the fall months! x

    mia // https://miasdiyprojects.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is such a fun activity and the candles would make beautiful gifts too
    Julia x
    https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oooh, what a fun idea! You can customize the fragrance to your exact preference- how cool! Thanks for sharing this with us, babe!

    I've got a new post up and hope you'll swing by!

    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a lovely post. I like your photos :)
    Thanks for sharing. Have a good week :)
    If you want we follow each other. <3
    Here my blog; morduslerkitapligi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete