Copyright2020FashionRadi. Powered by Blogger.

5 MODELING POSES THAT WILL HELP YOU LOOK LIKE AN INSTAGRAM MODEL!

Hello everyone,


If you're into Instagram (social media overall), you know that a single shot is very important. Hence why, it's got to be well thought out especially if your niche is fashion. There is so much to think about! What you'll be wearing, what background will work for your outfit, what details to capture and what poses to do in order for your photo to be relatable, unique, beautiful and even professional. 

Being a model can be tricky! Even more so when you're not one and you've never modeled before. However, through posting style looks on Instagram for many years, it becomes so natural to strike a pose. Sometimes I catch myself posing even when there isn't a camera pointing in my direction. hahaha 🤣 

If you're stuck on ways to pose in front of a camera or are still a bit uncomfortable when the shutter button clicks, I hope this post gives you some fresh new ideas. You'll be a professional model in no time! 😉 I can guarantee it right now!!!


When the idea of starting a fashion blog came to me, I knew it would require of me to be in front of the camera what feels like 24/7. It was difficult to find my angels, to feel somewhat normal in public taking photos, to know when to smile or smize and on top of that to try and do various poses. It was so exhausting because it would take us hours just to photograph one outfit. Now, thankfully, this is all in the past because my photographer and I can photograph up to 3 outfits in about 30 minutes. The whole process feels very natural, we get a lot of work done and I even love having the camera follow every move I make. 

How do you feel about posing? 📸 Let me introduce you to some of my favorite Instagram poses. 


Just a quick reminder that when posting on Instagram, the hashtags you use are very important on helping your content get noticed. This is why I recommend using a hashtag generator, which will provide you with the right hashtags in growing your account. It's very simple and a great way to continuously grow your account. Makes a whole lot of difference!

Want your business to grow? Are you dedicated to increasing your Instagram presence and likes. It can easily be done. Here's how to buy Instagram likes! These sites are reliable, provide fast results and come with reasonable pricing. Used by top-rated influencers, your Instagram will automatically achieve the same level of success.  
    
Sitting Cool


I mastered this "sitting cool" pose last because honestly, I needed a lot of practice...🤣 You've got to pretend like you don't give a care in the world. This attitude will get you there and surely will bring you an awesome set of photos to choose from. Just chill, squat, you can elongate one leg or keep both legs bent. And finally smize or close your eyes in a dreamy way while you pose through the pain. hahaha 

I'm telling you, it's an effective pose that will make your Instagram feed more fun. Also, you might start doing this pose every time. I'm guilty of this because the first time I tried it, I liked the way the photo came out and now I kind of sit cool every time there is an outfit photoshoot. Just a heads UP! 😜

Have you tried it yet? Start "sitting cool" from now on! Only make sure there is a camera across from you or people will start wondering what's really happening?! 🤣

On The Go


This pose is somewhat easy to achieve because we're basically always on the go in our everyday lives. Running from one place to the next and then, to the mountains and back....hahaha! So I feel like you won't even have a problem with mastering it. 

The whole point of this model pose is to seem like you're caught in the moment with movement. That's why it's good to place one foot forward and maybe look to the side or beyond the camera, so it looks as if you had no idea there is a camera present. I always love the outcome of my "on the go" photos because my legs look ten times longer than what they actually are. It's magical no matter which angel you look at it! 😁

Also, you can get insta-worthy various awesome shots as you slowly model-like cross the street while your photographer points the camera at a low angle and snaps away. While you do this, you ought to play with an outwear jacket in your hands or swing your bag in one hand. Movement is key! Of course, don't have the whole photo blurry, but do play around with what you've got. 

The Standing Insta  


Eye to eye as if you're locking eyes with your crush the moment you see him. Gaze straight into the camera and don't look away. Add a flirty smize and you've got a winning capture. You can either stand completely straight or twist the body a bit to either side like I've done in the images above. 

What I like about this modeling pose is that the eyes really do tell a story. Just like when meeting someone for the first time. You connect with the soul of that person through the eyes. So Powerful!!!

It's simply beautiful! You don't need much to create these shots. I would even say, keep it as simple as possible because we've already got the focus on the eyes. And guess what? We don't want anything else to distract us from that. 

Casual Sideway Glance


A casual side glance can be very powerful! Even more so if you flip the hair while looking to either side. You know, for more oomph!
😉

This one always takes me a lot of hair flips to get one great shot, but in the end it turns out really cool. Plus, you know Instagram loves the more creative photos where there is some kind of movement (something fun happening.) 

I like to think that with the toss of the hair, it's always a great hair day. hahahaha! You don't have to worry about finding a hat to cover. Please try it, your insta-likes will start pouring in.     

Over The Shoulder


This final model pose will make you ask, "What did you say"? Something you can pretend to ask your photographer as you look over your shoulder while they get the shot. It's simple and like the many poses I mentioned, it looks natural. 

I feel like I do this one a lot without really thinking about it too much because I'm always chatting to my sister. Also, the camera has become my best friend over the years, so you know, I like to entertain what's around me. 😆

A big tip I would say when being in front of the camera is move around and don't be afraid to try different poses. I started bending all kind of different ways recently because I not only want to improve, but I want to try something new I've never done before. 

Which of these five model poses do you feel like you do MOST often? I hope this post gave you new ideas for your next photoshoot. Keep smizing and I will talk to you in the next one!!!     

~ Photography: @dani.ela.photography
~ Follow Me: IG: @fashionradi  Twitter: @fashionradi
Pinterest: FashionRadi   Facebook: FashionRadi 



                                                                                                                      Love, Radi

83 comments

  1. Very important tips :) thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these great tips! Thank you for sharing!
    xx, Jane
    http://www.fitfabfunmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to work on my poses! I feel I end up taking a pic in the same pose everyday as I'm just cataloguing my outfits on my blog, haha! I need to try mix it up a little!

    Hope that your week is going well :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess... mix it up Mica! Try these poses and let me know how it goes...😉
      It's going great. Have a nice day!

      Delete
  4. Posing can in fact be a little trcky, especially at the beginning and especially when the person taking the shots is a stranger. But just as you noticed, with practice these things can be overcome.
    Your pics are awesome, I always love the easiness and the naturality your poses express, it seems as if it was something you have always done and always felt comfortable doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh thank you. I wish I could say it was super easy from the very beginnings but it was the opposite. So glad that with so much time passing, now it feels so natural.

      Delete
  5. Radi, you look bomb! I really appreciate these tips, because I am such an awkward person when it comes to posing for photos hah! xx

    Naya
    www.nayatilly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Naya! Hope this post was helpful.
      Will see you in the next one!

      Delete
  6. Thank you for the tips here, Radi! Wonderful!

    https://www.missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Graffiti And Automobiles For Sure - Been Thinking About You And Hope You Are Well - Stay Strong

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great and exciting post, Radi! Your model posing are so cool and gorgeous.
    I want to do the sitting cool next my photo shoot<3

    akiko
    www.akikohiramatsu.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Akiko!
      Ohhh I can't wait to see it. Tag me on ig!

      Delete
  9. Hello dear Radi,

    Such an exciting and interesting blog post! Do you remember I told you the other day on Instagram that dance is also improving your poses on the blog? I'd say so and also practicing through the year is noticeable, you're getting better everyday :)

    Thanks for the tips, I don't pose a lot but sometimes I pose for some Instagram photos haha, maybe they will help me with that, specially sitting cool which is challenging but interesting. Standing insta is also really good and maybe effortless compared to other options!

    Pablo
    www.HeyFungi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Fungi!

      Yes, I definitely remember that and you're very right. Dancing is everything...😁
      Thank you for your continues support!

      Delete
  10. very inspiring post ☺
    when it comes to taking photos, only one styling (I recently took two and that was a mistake)
    However, in the case of posing -hm ... I usually stand and smile at the lens or combine with the pose, legs, head)
    I sometimes pose "in motion" ☺
    greetings

    ReplyDelete
  11. You rock! <3
    Xoxo
    http://myheartaintabrain.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooo lots of good ideas here and yes modeling is harder then it looks. When I first stated with blogging I dreaded photoshoots lol now I am use to it even when people stop and watch I am like whateves I got this! I have been watching old episodes of ANTM you should watch it!

    Ah love this look! You look great :)

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss totally Allie! I feel the same way and so much of my posing ideas I have gotten from ANTM. My sister and I used to watch it all the time.

      Delete
  13. This is very interesting for me. I always need something for my photos, that I can touch. Have a nice day. Best regards Jana

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will have Sushi on sunday again <3 :D This chocolate drinks are really delicious =) You're right.

    Really great tips for Instagram pictures =) I don't like pictures from myself, I always look cringe on it :D I love to post my food on Instagram.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I often see the third pose. :) I like your post. Maybe it will be for me inspiration at new photo shooting.

    Somethingbykate

    ReplyDelete
  16. done a fantastic job on this topic!
    paddick voyager actress paranoiac palomares Kaz spitboy nonwhite depraeter
    RCG Online Store

    ReplyDelete
  17. This post cannot be more useful to me!
    I'm always very embarrassed in front of a camera and don't know what to do (even after years of photos)!
    Even if I know too many model poses (in theory), when I have to make them real I feel myself so clumsy! definitely I feel better as a photographer than as a model!^^
    Gonna try your tips and ideas, sound easy and effective!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really happy to hear that Silvia. You've got this!!! Try these poses out and let me know how it goes. I'm sure you will become a natural in front of the camera.
      Happy day!

      Delete
  18. Great tips babe, you look like a super model!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself


    My Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! These are great, thanks for the tips!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such awesome tips!! Thank you so much for sharing x

    http://adventuresinmay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for sharing those ideas. Useful tips!
    I hope you'll visit my blog soon. Have a good week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love <3
    https://bloginventomoda.blogspot.com/2021/04/momento-opiniao-qual-sua-opiniao-sobre.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love these great modeling poses! I love the seated pose. Every shot really is important on Instagram!

    Jill
    https://jilliancecilia.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am such a disaster when I pose, I am always feeling awkward! I will borrow these poses from you!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow I wish I have this body confidence like yours! Wonderful tips <3

    beyond beneath

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are some fab poses! I really want to up my Insta poses so thanks so much for this!

    Katie | katieemmabeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're always welcome Katie!
      Have a great one!

      Delete
  27. You look so gorgeous!
    Love those poses!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You always take amazing photos! I have to try these poses as they're so different than what I usually go for! x

    Julia x
    www.julia-speaks.com | Lifestyle, Self-Care, Travel 🌷

    ReplyDelete
  29. These are great poses and you look so pretty in each photo! I'll definitely have to give some of these a try for my next Instagram photo op! <3

    xoxo,
    Sydney

    The Lotus List

    ReplyDelete
  30. The over the shoulder is always a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love these poses! I always pose the same way - with t-rex hand poses XD

    http://bloomingsuitcase.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks for sharing this!!
    I´ll keep in mind!!

    https://www.itzytrendy.com/2021/05/atlinia.html

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is such a great post - and you look fab in all of the shots! I am an avid user of the over the shoulder and sitting cool haha. Thanks for sharing <3

    //teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. so great ideas, i will try them,hope can give me a great experience brazilian lace front wigs

    ReplyDelete
  35. These tips are really useful when posing, thanks for sharing!

    Kisses,

    https://www.theartofpaloma.com/

    ReplyDelete
  36. I often feel awkward not knowing how to pose when I take photos so this will be of great help, thank you so much for the tips and examples! <3


    http://www.couture-case.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great tips! I really need to work on my poses!
    xo www.diadebrilho.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. I really loved the tips. When it comes to photography, I always take photos that look like a selfie and that's it. I was thinking about these times to change the game and learn other poses and forms to position yourself better and your post came at the right time.
    xo
    https://www.dearlytay.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So so happy to hear that Tayane. Have fun with it!

      Delete
  39. Thank you so much for this amazing tips bella, I take some of them for my future pictures ;) Have a lovely week!

    www.luciagallegoblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. These are great poses and tips! Thanks for sharing them - I like the "over the shoulder" pose as it looks so natural!
    Julia x
    https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your poses are so beautiful, you look like a model.


    Beijos/Kisses.



    Anete Oliveira

    Blog Coisitas e Coisinhas

    Fanpage

    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love these tips, Radi! You always have such pretty poses in your photos!

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  43. This is so helpful! I always get super awkward when I'm trying to take photos of myself for a post. I love the over the shoulder and sideways glance x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  44. Amazing poses You look like a super model indeed and all outfits are gorgeous Cris

    http://www.photosbycris.com.au/?p=14671

    ReplyDelete
  45. Very nice post. I have really enjoyed visiting your site posts. In any case I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon! Thanks a lot, I'll RCG Online Store

    ReplyDelete
  46. You are so beautiful woman :)

    This stylizarion is very nice :)
    Best Regards

    ReplyDelete
  47. I still have a lot to learn in modeling 🙃!!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Really great poses.
    I always search for new ones to make new photos.
    xo
    Pam Lepletier

    ReplyDelete
  49. Beautiful photos! :)
    I love your photos on instagram, I love the poses, the places and the clothes.

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  50. You are a posing pro! You look so chic and cool in every one!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  51. I need all the help I can get with posing! You look amazing!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  52. Lovely tips sweetheart 😘😘 Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Love the casual side glance pose, it's very powerfull!

    Não Me Mande Flores

    ReplyDelete
  54. Thank you for sharing, the photos you took are so textured and I like the style.
    buy one get one free lace front wigs

    ReplyDelete
  55. I always love your poses and these are some fab inspirations. I love your IG posts Radi. :-)

    Via | https://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete