Copyright2020FashionRadi. Powered by Blogger.

5 BEST THINGS TO SEE AT JOSHUA TREE NATIONAL PARK!

Hello everyone,

We're revisiting Joshua Tree because this time I want to take you through some of the most significant spots. I go into a bit more detail of what to see, so you can really make the most of your trip. Expect high temperatures, endless desert landscapes and the making of many fun memories. 

This is absolutely one of my favorite national parks in California. I would recommend it to everyone, which is why I'm currently eager to write this post. It's good to spend more than one day there, that's for sure! Plan accordingly and let this post guide you! 

We visited at the end of March for the weekend, so you have an idea of everything I'm mentioning. If you decide to visit another season, some things most likely will vary from my own personal experience. Keep that in mind!

Now let's explore Joshua Tree!🤗     

1. JUMBO ROCKS/SKULL ROCK



First day or should I say the minute we arrived, we headed to Jumbo Rocks and Skull Rock. Both are close to one another, so you can check them out within a day. The Jumbo Rocks are a whole field of stacked rocks, which you can explore as long as you want. You can easily loose track of time because there are so many directions you can go. 

As for Skull Rock...it's HUGE! I'm sure you won't miss its head (or skull).😜 What's so interesting about it is that nature helped turn it into a skull. Long time ago the gathering of rain drops started to transform the rock creating the two hollow eyes resembling the head of a skull. How awesome is that? If that doesn't tell us just how powerful nature is, I don't know what will. Things like this fascinate me every time!    

2. HIDDEN VALLEY



Another scenic view filled with huge boulders, great hiking trails, and perfectly good for those of you who enjoy rock-climbing. There is no right or wrong way to explore Hidden Valley. It's a loop that will take you all around, so you won't miss all the various shaped rock formations. It's very beautiful! I loved walking in the sand and even going thru some rocks that helped create shadowed caves. So good for those days when the sun is really blazing.   

From this hike we decided to walk and jog to Barker Dam. You can definitely drive to it. We decided to go extreme once again because my guide aka. my sister won't give me a break...🤣 The dam was actually empty of water when we reached the top. That made it not as striking as I would have imagined it to be.    

3. KEYS VIEW


If you only had time for one stop while visiting Joshua Tree, Keys View is hands down the one place you've got to visit. It's hard to put into words how stunning and majestic the views are from up there. It feels close to what it feels like to be on "top of the world" or at least that's how I felt watching the sunset descend behind the valley. 😱

Like a birds-eye view you'll be able to spot so much beauty. For example, on the far left you'll see Salton Sea (230 ft. below sea level). Also, you've got a full view of Coachella Valley, Palm Springs and Signal Mountain in Mexico (which can only be seen on a very clear day). 

You really can't find a better way to end the day after a full day of hiking/exploring. It was an epic sunsetting show because so many people sat on their blankets and enjoyed the beauty. At the very end you could hear the sound of applause from the people as a way of appreciation for all that nature brings/does for us. It was really touching!!! 🥰    

4. ARCH ROCK


Our last day, early in the morning we decided to hike to see the well-known Arch Rock. It gets very busy there, so I suggest going as early as possible (if you want to be one of the few). It's understandable because the photo op there is one not to miss. Way instagrammable and fun to climb since you can get on top of the arch or pose below it. 

The Arch Rock trail is located near Twentynine Palms, California and it's an easy walk to get there, even kids can do it. Once there, there are so many rocks you can climb on and explore. The whole scene looks like something from a different planet. I was in awe a few times thinking is this real?

This particular view, reminded me how much I want to go to the Arches National Park in Utah next.  

5. CHOLLA CACTUS GARDEN




Before we headed to Vegas, our final stop was at Cholla Cactus Garden. A full landscape of teddy bear cacti trees (can be spotted along the road). They'll look cute and soft, but don't touch or step on them...😂 Literally, the spikes can get way deep into your shoes! And...I think you know what happens next!

Such a pretty sight! 🌵 More then a few times, I tried to imagine what it would be like to see this from above with a drone. (Yep, for a second I wanted to be a drone.) hahaha!

Also, depending on the month you're visiting you'll be able to see the different desert plants in full bloom. For example, the delicate magenta flowers bloom from the month of May until June. The yellow Senna shrubs are happily alive from April until May. I believe this garden looks a bit different from month to month and you'll be easily surprised every time you visit. 

For those of you planning to visit Joshua Tree soon, I hope you found this guide helpful. It's hands down one of the BEST National Parks of California. I loved it! I would go back for a second visit in a heartbeat!!! 💕

Have you been to Joshua Tree? If so, what was your favorite memory?

~ Photography: @dani.ela.photography

~ SHOP

~ Follow Me: IG: @fashionradi  Twitter: @fashionradi

Pinterest: FashionRadi  Facebook: FashionRadi 


                                                                                                                      Love, Radi     

72 comments

  1. I have the impression that California only has a beautiful place! I was very impressed with the photos. I loved!

    xoxo
    www.likeparadise.com.br

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! There is so much to see. Can't wait to revisit soon.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos and beautiful written post!

    Cheers,

    Diana, Best Dresses To Shop from H&M

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pictures, amazing place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola Radi, I hope you are having a nice week!

    Oooh I loved this short travel guide and I really want to go back to the US, I hope this ends soon to visit my family in California and maybe take the time to stop at Joshua Tree, that would be fantastic!

    I loved that you gave us many insight recommendtions, for example I didn't know about the Cholla Cactus garden or certain points to enjoy the view a bit moore! Will ask you for more tips if I go.... I hope to go soon to be honest :)

    Pablo
    Hey Fungi

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT GORGEOUS LOCATIONS! You look stunning and love the photos, taken so well
    www.fashionistera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would absolutely love to go there, love the landscape! <3


    http://www.couture-case.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is super beautiful. Would recommend it to anyone!
      Have a happy day!

      Delete
  7. What a ınteresting places:) thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  8. the images so wonderful... very real.

    Have a nice spring

    ReplyDelete
  9. Uma foto mais incrível que a outra e sempre em lugares perfeitos, excelente para parar um pouco e admirar essa grandeza de lugar.
    Beijos.



    https://www.parafraseandocomvanessa.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't visited Joshua Tree before, but the photos are absolutely amazing! It looks like a stunning place to see in person!

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get the chance to visit! It's really beautiful there!

      Delete
  11. what a cool trip!
    Love your photos!
    It is like a dream trip!

    https://www.itzytrendy.com/2021/04/floral-floral.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Who first sold me on this feeling to freely allow something that provides an unique solution for at that time?
    Norbert Prey
    RCG Online Store

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for showing us these great impressions. Have a nice day. Best regards Jana

    ReplyDelete
  14. Incredible shots!! Looks like you had an amazing time :)
    have a great day,
    Tiziana
    www.tizianaolbrich.de

    ReplyDelete
  15. That National Park is amazing as well as your photos. Thank you for sharing 5 best things. I'm sure that I will enjoy so much if I ever visit it.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2021/04/vichy-aqualia-thermal-rehydrating-rich.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful place 😍
    these plush cacti are fantastic 😍
    the views must be breathtaking 😍
    the photos are also beautiful - you look beautiful 😍
    I like the black dress the most 😍
    greetings

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful place, it must be very interesting to explore all parts. I loved the photos
    xo
    https://www.dearlytay.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't been to Joshua Tree yet but I want to so badly! It looks beautiful, and these pictures of you are AH-mazing!!

    Miles of smiles,
    Grace

    gracefulrags.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, what a unique view at Joshua "s tree ..., lots of stone formations that are unusual and very beautiful for photo locations.
    I imagine and appreciate your efforts to shoot with maximum results in a location that looks hot and this weather.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I also dream of high temperatures, because winter doesn't want to move out in our country :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. In love with this wonderful place, I wish I could visit it in the future Radi! Thank you so much for sharing this amazing photos!

    www.luciagallegoblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you're welcome Lucia. Thank you for your sweet comment.

      Delete
  22. I have been all around the US and I have never visited the Joshua Tree Park! My bad!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for share all your tips
    Amazing photos
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh yes I love fruity scents a lot =) You're right.

    Great post, this pictures are really amazing <3 I hope that I can travel in 2022 again :D I want to see so many places.

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's lovely and serene there! And I love the outfit!

    Marie
    https://theflowerduet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cool post and beautiful photos.

    https://www.biigthais.com/

    Kisses ;*

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, the scenery is so dreamy and beautiful! Hope I could visit that place too soon!

    Have a great day and keep safe!

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly amazing! I'm crossing my fingers you get to visit it.
      Thank you, you too!

      Delete
  28. Stunning photos, you look gorgeous ❤

    ReplyDelete
  29. So many nice locations in that park! the sunset views look amazing, definitely the best spot! :)

    Hope that you are having a good weekend :) Thankfully it hasn't rained as much as predicted this weekend so we have been able to enjoy time outdoors.

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow these Joshua tree spots look absolutely stunning! Arch rock looks especially beautiful. I need to visit Joshua Tree!

    Jill
    https://jilliancecilia.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. OMG everything looks so beautiful!

    Katie | katieemmabeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the cool landscapes!
    have a great week,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful place, Radi!
    I would enjoy the huge stones, giant cactus :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Amazing landscape and incredible vegetation!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself


    My Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fantastic place and very beautiful photos.

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  36. So amazing pictures, would love to visit it!

    Kisses,

    https://www.theartofpaloma.com/

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow, such amzing and suggestive views!!!!
    I really would love to visit that park, seems out of the world!
    Your photos are super cool, just stunning (as usual)!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. A really want to visit! Beautiful pics <3.
    xo www.diadebrilho.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Amazing shots, Radi! All my years growing up in San Diego, and I never made a trip to Joshua Tree. That Skull Rock would probaby be my first stop out of all the places you list here. My next would be that top of the world view for the sunset. :) I love how your sister pushes you on these nature adventures. Of course, I'm wondering if you saw any snakes or other wildlife?! ;-)

    http://lizzyslatest.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzy! Ohh hope you visit this place. It really is so wonderful.
      hahaha no snakes this time as well. I would honestly freak the freaks out and hope not to see one anytime soon...🤣

      Delete
  40. Beautiful scenery for photos !! 😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  41. This location looks amazing and so do your outfits Super gorgeous Cris

    http://www.photosbycris.com.au/?p=14593

    ReplyDelete
  42. So amazing place and photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Radi, Its a very beautiful park. The shots are amazing. I loved your outfits.
    Thanks for sharing so many details.
    kisses
    Chris


    Inventando com a Mamãe / Instagram  / Facebook / Pinterest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Chris. I'm happy you enjoyed this post.
      Wishing you a lovely day.

      Delete
  44. That National Park look amazing and your photos are incredible. Thank you for sharing.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2021/04/tom-ford-lip-color-flamingo-chanel.html

    ReplyDelete
  45. Tenho muita vontade de conhecer.
    Adorei as dicas.
    Beijos!
    Pam Lepletier

    ReplyDelete
  46. Looks so beautiful - would love to visit!

    Molly xx
    https://volumesofbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. Um lugar mais maravilhoso que outro.
    Beijos.



    https://www.parafraseandocomvanessa.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  48. Oh, the skull Rock is amazing and teddy bear cacti trees are so cute:)
    Your monotone outfits are perfect, Radi!!

    akiko

    ReplyDelete
  49. Thank you so much Akiko!!! 😘
    Have an amazing day.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Awesome blog I have ever seen. Thanks for this Wonderful read.

    Nahid | https://bestclicknow.com

    ReplyDelete
  51. I really like photo sessions in the desert. You look wonderful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Thank you for sharing the information. Wonderful blog & good post. It's really helpful for me, waiting for more new posts. Keep Blogging!
    Best English Helper | Best Way To Learn English

    ReplyDelete