Copyright2020FashionRadi. Powered by Blogger.

LAKE TAHOE TRAVEL GUIDE!

Hello everyone,


Here I am recharged and full of sunshine!🌞

My family and I went on a four day vacation to Lake Tahoe. The adventures were endless, from hiking the most beautiful vistas, paddle boarding for the first time to falling asleep on the beach numerous times, and getting sunburned. hahaha! Ohhh what a JOY

Everyday felt a little less ordinary and a lot more special. It was wonderful finding the beauty in every moment, being offline and soaking-up everything around me. I'm still in that state of mind! The beauty there is one of a kind...crystal clear water, most breathable temperatures, scenery that automatically makes you feel grateful for being alive in the NOW and a place where time feels as if it has stopped in your favor. If you have been to Lake Tahoe before, I'm sure you would 100% agree with me!!!👌

Today, I'm super EXCITED to share with you my impressions and experience from where to stay to what beaches to enjoy! A bundle full of new discoveries. We were able to do and see a lot in these four days, so let this travel guide begin!🤗 



Where to Stay

We were in the South part of the lake...stayed at Grand Residences Marriott, which was just perfect because this hotel is located right in the center of everything. You've got restaurants, cute cafes, a park, a few beaches only a walking distance away. Super easy to get out and explore! 

Also, the hotel itself was wonderful!!! Wearing a mask was mandatory. There's valet, which was very convenient. We ended up being out and about everyday because we wanted to explore as much as we could in these four days.


Van Sickle Bi-State Park+Tahoe Rim Trail



This is the first park we hit up once we arrived even before checking-in because it was literally ten steps away from the hotel and the closest place we could have a picnic in the forest surrounded by the biggest rocks and pine-cones I've ever seen. Also, be warned, we didn't see any bears, but seeing one in Lake Tahoe would be normal. Plus, I hear they're very friendly! They exist and are always in search of food, so always look after your food. 

This same park is very popular for its Tahoe Rim Hiking Trail. It's one of the nation's top ten trails because the vistas are absolutely breathtaking. From atop you can see the grand views of the Carson ranges of California and Nevada. Like the true hikers we are, after our picnic, we put on our hiking shoes and headed that way. Along the way, there was the biggest SURPRISE...a powerful, beautiful waterfall! It helped us cool-off! I love these kind of nature surprises along the way. And you can totally mountain bike there because we saw a group of six having a blast. Made us want to add mountain biking to our list of adventures we want most definitely to try. 

Sand Harbor Beach  




When visiting Lake Tahoe, making a stop at Sand Harbor is a must. It's one of the most beautiful places to spend the day. You've got sandy beaches, shady forested areas, crystal waters, panoramic mountain views and lots of room for fun activities. You can go kayaking, paddle boarding or even scuba diving. There is also an area for barbecuing and having a picnic! It's beyond AMAZING

I loved the rock formations peaking out from the water. So ideal for taking photos! My sister and I joked how much they remind us of Ariel from the "Little Mermaid" since that was and still is her favorite Disney movie. 

Keep in mind every beach has an entrance fee of $10, so be sure to have cash in hand. Also, beaches usually open at 8:00 in the morning.  

The second day of our trip we spend the whole day at Sand Harbor Beach. Early morning we got up to explore and take some photos there. We loved it so much that we decided to stay until sunset. The water was very cold, but when you keep moving by swimming, it feels just right. It was such a great change from the high temperatures we had all summer long in Las Vegas. 



Baldwin Beach 

One of these days we planned to try paddle boarding for the first time. The third day was the charm! A few summers ago I gave surfing a shot. It was a bit more intense as waves kept knocking me down, so I knew I should go for something more calming. 

Paddle boarding totally won me over! It's the best feeling ever being deep in the middle of nowhere surrounded by stunning views everywhere you turn and not a single drop of noise. Only you and your thoughts! 

To rent paddle boards for a whole day, most places at Lake Tahoe charge $85, but with some wise research we were able to find a cool shop from which you can rent your boards $50 per board, for a whole day. How awesome is that? The place is called SUP Tahoe Stand-Up Paddle. The guys there were very nice and super helpful. They recommended we head to Baldwin Beach, only 3 miles from their shop because it's the best beach to easily unload the boards and enjoy the ride. That's exactly what we did!

My sister and I had the best day paddle boarding. We had more than a few laughs as we were trying to look professional! hahaha! The first time around, a woman that was paddling near me gave me the best advice ever...she said, "Paddle deep as if you're mixing cookie dough". It worked, since her helpful comment, I think I've made around 500 cookies. hahaha! 

This is the kind of activity I can't wait to do again soon. It's definitely my new favorite hobby!

Cascade Falls Trail 

This is the second hiking trail we decided to take on one morning. I highly recommend it! It's so stunning, you'll be lost for words with every step you take. As you reach the peak, you've got the most serene vivid blue color of the Cascade Lake and of course, Lake Tahoe. It's hard not to say "WOW" aloud! Truly Incredible!!! 

I believe this hike is for everyone because it isn't as difficult as some of the really hard ones I've been on. Plus, it's a short kind of hike. Short and sweet with water-streams, magical vistas and a path of rocks to help guide you in the right direction.

Add Cascade Falls Trail to your list, and trust me, you won't regret it! I know Lake Tahoe offers so many hiking trails that we have yet to discover. For that, we'll need to visit for a month or why not just move there altogether?! hahaha

Emerald Bay State Park


 The most surreal views of them all is the precious Emerald Bay. You've got the incredible Eagle Falls and you can even pay a visit to the Vikingsholm castle located close by the shore. To get to the beach, it's a bit of a hike, so for sure wear comfy shoes and carry only your top essentials...the less bags, the better. 

Even though this is one of the most popular places in Lake Tahoe (gets busy)...it does not disappoint. I had the most wonderful time, staring at the bay, thinking how on earth is nature so beautiful, so good to us and so powerful at the same time? 

Also, I found it very interesting learning about the 38 room mansion, which is inspired by Scandinavian architecture. It belonged to Lora Knight, once a private property with 232 acres of land all to herself. Just imagine waking-up to this view! 



Your turn...have you been to Lake Tahoe before? What were your fist impressions? 
I can't wait to go back!!! It's got mountains, beaches, nature, fresh air...everything I love into one!
This seems like the perfect way to end summer! See you in the next post!!!🥰


~ Photography: @artisticspring
~ Follow Me: IG: @fashionradi  Twitter: @fashionradi 
Pinterest: FashionRadi   Facebook: FashionRadi 


                                                                                                                         Love, Radi 

104 comments

  1. Even looking at the pictures made me feel better. 😍❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the read dress with the red lips!
    You look so good! You always give us great looks!
    xxxx

    https://ooomaye.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! I truly appreciate it!
      Have a splendid day!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful photos 😊 thanks for your sharing 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great guide, looks like the perfect escape!

    Anika | chaptersofmay.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg this looks like a dream place and love all the outfits esp the yellow dress. u look stunning.

    www.anteegurung.com/blog

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. I wouldn't mind moving there.
      Thank you for your sweet words! Happy day!

      Delete
  6. gorgeous photos as ever! I'd love to visit Lake Tahoe one day :) x

    mia // https://beautiful-inspiring-creative-life.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful place 😍
    I've never been to Lake Tahoe but heard about it (or read somewhere)
    Well, I envy; not only a trip to the lake, but a waterfall and Mariottu - it MUST be beautiful there 😍
    you look great 😍
    best regards

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful photos, I am delighted everywhere.
    You can enjoy all the diversity of nature and have a good time.
    xo
    http://www.dearlytay.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Que lugar mais lindo!
    adorei o seu guia turístico, bem explicadinho e com fotografias maravilhosas!
    Beijos. 
    Diário da Lady

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my this looks sooooooooo beautiful and reminds me of when I lived in Seattle. I will never forget the first summer I spent in Seattle. I did get to SF in California and even considered moving there. So lucky this is close by you. You looked liked you had a great time and love the photos!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soooo beautiful Allie! I haven't been to Seattle yet, but definitely plan on visiting. Ohh cool! We could have been neighboors :)
      Hope you're doing good! Talk soon!

      Delete
  11. Fantastic Upbeat Post - Very Engaging And Brings A "Want" To See Tahoe For Yourself - Also, Very Impressed You Passed On Mentioning Or Dwelling On The Smokey Haze - As For A Little Back Ground Here, I Grew Up About 20 Minutes As A Crow Flys North Of Lake Tahoe - Sand Harbor Rocks , Get The Pun - Obviously Back In Our Day We Didn't Pay Any Fees - Have Rode My Bike Countless Times Up Above Emerald Bay And Talk About Magical Sunsets - So Wonderful Spending Time With Family And Amazing Accommodations - Again, Brilliant Post - Made My Heart Smile - Be Well

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely vacation! I've always wanted to go to Lake Tahoe and now even more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whenever you get the chance go! You won't regret it!

      Delete
  13. It looks beautiful there at on and in Lake Tahoe!
    These photos are great!
    I love the looks of outfits you styled and wore there.
    I especially love the looks of the coordinated bright yellow top and skirt
    and love the looks of the bodycon skirt worn with the long-sleeved black crop-top.
    I also love the photo of you together with your sister and the photos of you swimming.
    That clear water looks beautiful and your vacay looked delightful.

    my blog
    my YouTube
    my Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for your great impressions. Have a nice day. Best regards Jana

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the Garnier masks a lot, they are all so good =) If you love floral scents, this mask is perfect for you ^^^

    Nice post =) This looks so beautiful *-* I want to go there after Covid-19 :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing your amazing travel!! That hiking and paddle boarding sound so fun!! You are so Ariel, Radi<3

    akiko
    www.akikohiramatsu.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Akiko!
      Too funny...now I only have got to find my Eric! hahaha

      Delete
  17. Wow, breathtaking scenery and so many gorgeous pics here!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself


    My Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Radi
    How lucky you are to have that Lake Tahoe so close to you! And it is a place with mountain, beach, I loved to know, and I also loved your yellow dress !! It is indeed a great guide!

    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This place looks amazing! Great photos :)

    Shoot for the stars | ☆ ☆ ☆ | Facebook page | ☆ ☆ ☆ | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic scenery of Lake Tahoe!
    The trees, air and water, oh, they're so refreshing and so recharging!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've never been to Lake Tahoe but it looks absolutely stunning, especially the trail and Sand Harbor. This sounds like a lovely way to spend a few days, your hotel seemed to be in a great spot too x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love these clicks so much Radi! Loving that yellow dress!
    Have a great day!
    Rampdiary
    Beautyandfashionfreaks

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hopefully one day I will have an opportunity to visit! thanks for sharing all the amazing photos, sounds like a great trip xx
    Elegant Duchess xx
    https://www.elegantduchess.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too! Everyone has to see this place...super stunning!

      Delete
  24. That lake look so beautiful and your photos are so dreamy. I like them son much.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2020/09/laura-mercier-parisian-nudes-eye-shadow.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow amazing :))
    „Zapraszam także do siebie na nowy post - KLIK

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your yellow dress.

    https://www.alyssabustilloofficial.com/2020/08/jacket-that-is-embroidered-by-blossoms.html

    ReplyDelete
  27. Photos are amazing, i'm in love. You are beautiful. Nice post♥

    http://sosihappylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. seems you've eally enjoyed your summer!
    These places looks so beautiful and interesting, and looks like you really hadfun there!
    Amazing photos, as well!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow!!
    Amazing ♥
    I loved your pics :)

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for the travel guide, beautiful! This is great and will surely be helpful.

    https://missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  31. Can't stop looking on this photos, gorgeous <3
    Pozdrowionka i buziole! :*
    http://dorey-doorey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lake Tahoe looks amazing. The waters there are so blue and clear. I love the scenery. It looks like a great area with many beaches and unique spots. So great you have had a chance to vacation and relax there with your family. Nature can be so inspiring. I always get inspired by beautiful places. That's why I'm so happy that I have the opportunity to visit them.
    You look fantastic in that yellow dress. So many great vacay outfits. So many amazing photographs. I also like how you edit your photos. Very inspiring travel post for sure!!!!

    https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. Guide to Tahoe that is informative and interesting to read. Seeing the beauty of the photos, all of the locations look fun as a vacation location. Hopefully one day I have the opportunity to visit it. Greetings from Indonesia.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love these pictures so much! Seems you had a wonderful time gal! Lovely Post!
    Allurerage
    Thetrendybride

    ReplyDelete
  35. O wow it's really a nice place! I love swimming but I'm afraid of surfing - I never did this before :p
    PS. Beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wonderful pictures Radi, thanks for the tips darling.


    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful photos! Lake Tahoe looks so amazing, friend.

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  38. Lake Tahoe looks amazing and I can't believe I haven't been there considering I'm from CA! Since travel is limited, I would love to do a trip here with my family this year. Thanks for sharing all of this, it is so helpful!

    xoxo,
    Christine
    http://dailykongfidence.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh Christine you've got to visit since you live so close. It's so beautiful!
      Yep, you're welcome! Let me know how you like it!

      Delete
  39. Lake Tahoe looks amazing and I can't believe I haven't been there considering I'm from CA! Since travel is limited, I would love to do a trip here with my family this year. Thanks for sharing all of this, it is so helpful!

    xoxo,
    Christine
    http://dailykongfidence.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Lake Tahoe looks amazing and I can't believe I haven't been there considering I'm from CA! Since travel is limited, I would love to do a trip here with my family this year. Thanks for sharing all of this, it is so helpful!

    xoxo,
    Christine
    http://dailykongfidence.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Looks like you had a great time, the views and photos are amazing. I couldn't paddle board I would be too scared and a BBQ in the forest sounds lovely especially heading towards fall. I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend : ) xo

    www.juanitalikes.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. I heared so many great things about lake Tahoe and after seeing your photos and reading your post, I realize that all those things were true.
    Wonderful... wonderful... wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Cool travel guide! I like your photos.

    https://www.biigthais.com/

    Kisses ;*

    ReplyDelete
  44. I like the photos! thanks for sharing! Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  45. aww...your look like "a little mermaid" in one of your photos....pretty.
    thank you for sharing beautiful views.....

    ReplyDelete
  46. It's great you got to visit - so many lovely places and it looks different wherever you go, nature is just so stunning! :)

    Hope you are having a good weekend :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  47. It is great that you got to spend some time in Lake Tahoe! It has been a few years since I went. Love that there are so many picture opportunities out there. I've been in the lake before and the mood is just something else.

    Nancy ✨ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
  48. So beautiful :)
    Xoxo
    http://myheartaintabrain.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  49. Replies
    1. It's even more breathtaking in real live.
      Thank you for dropping a comment!

      Delete
  50. I've always wanted to visit lake Tahoe! It looks so beautiful! You're so lucky to live in America where the country is so large and there are so many places you can travel to!

    Eileen | yesmissy.com

    ReplyDelete
  51. Looks like you had fun time! Thanks for sharing.
    Happy Monday.

    Infinitely Posh

    ReplyDelete
  52. Radi! These pictures are stunning! The views, the beaches, the rocks, YOU!!! Growing up in San Diego, I have friends who would travel to Tahoe for long weekends. I've never been, but I want to go one day! Although, I'm an "indoors" girl, I think I could be swayed to hike those trails to reach the peak to see the views. I just don't wanna see any bears or snakes! LOL! BTW...do you wear hiking attire and change out of them for these shots? I can't imagine you wearing your beautiful, yellow, little mermaid dress hiking up a trail, but what do I know? Haha!!!

    http://lizzyslatest.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lots Lizzy!
      Omg you're too funny! The look with the yellow dress was taken on a different day from the hiking days, but usually I most definitely take clothes to change in. I would love to hike in a dress, but somehow I don't want to get it dirty or sweaty. hahaha
      Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
    2. HAHAHAHA...that's what I thought! :)

      Delete
  53. I'm so happy you enjoyed your time here in Tahoe! :) The Tahoe rim trail, sand harbor, and emerald bay are definitely some of my favorite places here. I hope the smoke didn't bother you too much!

    Jill
    https://jilliancecilia.com/

    ReplyDelete
  54. Wow, your photos are beautiful. Lake Tahoe is on my bucket list to visit one day. It sounds like you had a lovely time!

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  55. Que fotos maravilhosas!
    Os looks ficaram top!
    Beijos.
    https://vinteedoisdemaio.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias Gabriele!
      Nos vemos en proximo post!

      Delete
  56. Wow, beautiful photos!!
    needed a trip just like yours too!
    xoxo www.diadebrilho.com

    ReplyDelete
  57. Wow amazing pictures!!! You should definitely save them in a photo book gorgeous :)
    It looks like you had an awesome time and your outfits were so cute as well!!

    have a great start in the new week
    Tiziana

    www.tizianaolbrich.de

    ReplyDelete
  58. Oh my goodness, these photographs are all absolutely gorgeous! This looks like such a beautiful place, I would love to visit someday.

    https://wandering-everywhere.com/new-york-photo-diary/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Means a lot Amy. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed this post.

      Delete
  59. I really want to visit Lake Tahoe someday! Those shots of you in the water are beautiful!

    https://sundaydahlias.com

    ReplyDelete
  60. Wow
    I love it
    Kisses
    Magazine: opsquerida.com.br
    Instagram: instagram.com/siteopsquerida
    Meu channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-CBIliaZvZAyp3umeVZr9Q

    ReplyDelete
  61. Great place and beautiful pictures.

    www.paginasempreto.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  62. Wow what beautiful photos!
    xx- Nina
    http://www.stylingwithnina.com/2020/09/last-summer-look-summer-recap.html

    ReplyDelete
  63. Thank you so much for sharing this travel guide. Your photos are amazing, they look like a piece of art.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2020/09/jo-malone-nectarine-blossom-honey-body.html

    ReplyDelete
  64. The place looks so amazing.
    Lovely pics.

    Ann
    https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  65. Amazing photos dear, perfect view

    Kisses
    www.pimentadeacucar.com

    ReplyDelete
  66. What a perfect vacation! I'd love to be close to nature right now. Also love the pics. :)

    Não Me Mande Flores ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh my I want to be back in nature so badly. Got to think of a new road trip soon! :)

      Delete
  67. Hey Radi!

    Good to know that you're taking advantage of the warmest days... I just pictured myself in Lake Tahoe, would like to go and visit and take a breath of that fresh air! The coolest part is that you we are able to do hiking and then get relaxed admiring that impressive view!

    Beautiful photos and compositions by the way!

    Pablo
    HeyFungi

    ReplyDelete
  68. Wow! Looks like a nice place, never before had I heard about it. All the pics are absolutely stunning, as always
    Kisses from https://sophisticatedmeblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's honestly so incredible! You've got to check it out!
      Thank you! Have a nice day!

      Delete