Copyright2020FashionRadi. Powered by Blogger.

HOW TO POSE IN PHOTOS!

Hello everyone,



Lights, camera, pose...
📸 The three starting elements you need when being photographed, but it's save to say that to create great content/ it's good to focus on the little details. When every detail comes together the outcome is one to be proud of. 

Throughout the years of blogging, I've learned some things about posing in front of the camera and I think now is the perfect time to spill the tiny details that have helped me grow and gotten me to a point where I'm comfortable being photographed. This wasn't always the case... In the beginning, everything was a bit challenging because I had to figure it all out as I went. I had no idea about the importance of knowing your angles and letting your photographer take your vision to the next level. Yep, it's hard work, and with the right mindset/support, it becomes something as natural as driving. 

To any of you reading this post, who are striving to improve their photos, want to be more "at home" when being photographed, and would like to create images that are visually appealing, this is for YOU! I apply these five steps myself and find that they have completely made a HUGE difference to my photos. To prove it...have a look at my older blog posts from 2015 and compare them to my most recent ones. I knowwww...Exactly!!!

1. USE PROPS


      
One of the best ways to get comfortable in front of the camera is to include props in your photos. Literally anything would work because with a prop in your hand, you'll be able to loosen up and make it part of the story you're wanting to tell. You can hold something as simple as a pair of sunglasses or a bouquet of flowers...it's special, unique and will inspire you to try different poses.   

It's one of the most fun ways to express yourself and your creativity. I mean, that's why most of us are hooked to Instagram and enjoy scrolling from one photo to another, right? 

This year, I have used the most props when photographing because it feels more like "play time." I love the final photo results and a little fun won't hurt anyone!

2. CHOOSE INSPIRING LOCATIONS


  
This one requires a bit more preparation before the actual photo-shoot because you've got to have an idea of a location, which will also go great with your outfit. The place helps a lot in bringing your vision to live. For example, whenever I'm wearing a boho outfit, I like photographing in the desert with a cactus or two surrounding me. If I've got an edgy, chic outfit, I like heading to Downtown for some graffiti walls to be part of the background. 

In my experience, the location is just as important as the rest of the other tips I'm giving you. That's why when planning everything out, I never miss the chance to find or search for an inspiring location. Many times when I'm running errands, I see cool locations around the city and make a point of remembering them when the next photo-shoot comes around. 


          
3. PLAY WITH THE CAMERA 



This is something my photographer, who is also my sister, always tells me and not only motivates me, but to this day makes me laugh every time. She says, "Radi, now it's time to play with the camera"! 😁 It has even become a joke between us!

I know she's right because in order to get the job done, you've got to loosen up, be comfortable in your own skin and move as if you're dancing with the camera. Sometimes it's easier said than done, but you feel the difference right away and know when everything clicks. 

For her to be able to capture lots of awesome photos, I move slowly from one pose to the other and only stop when she tells me to hold a certain pose. That's how we reach up to 300 photos to choose from later! 

4. EXPERIMENT WITH DIFFERENT ANGLES 



For this one you've got to be open to trying new poses and let your photographer guide you. Remember, they are the ones behind the camera, so they see what's going on better than you. So, even if something they tell you feels awkward to do in real life, trust your photographer because it most likely looks amazing on camera. Also, knowing your body would be a big plus as it will help you create shapes that are flattering and look good in every photo. For example, to help me look taller than I actually am (I'm 5'7), I get up on my tip-toes and have one leg extended forward. This makes me look as if I'm 6 feet tall and I love that in photos! 


Something else you can try is have your photographer bend lower, to get a different point of you. Really the photographer can move as much as you and try to capture you from every angle. You never know, some photos might surprise you, you'll end up loving...while others, you can just ignore and maybe try another time with a bit more practice.  

5. TRUST YOUR PHOTOGRAPHER 



The best results happen when the photographer and model are in sync, so you'll need a photographer who you can fully trust. This way work flows more easily, you can freely accept direction, and work becomes naturally fun. 

For me, since day one, my sister has been my photographer. We've gotten to a point where we shoot for 5-10 minutes and each one of us perfectly knows what she has to do. Everyone plays their part and the outcome is one we're both happy with. 

Remember that you can't see what the photographer sees through the lens, so follow their lead and let them be your guide to posing. If they say, they would like to try something new, go for it. It's great to know that the photographer has a vision and ideas of their own, which they can contribute.  


What rules do you stick to when posing for photos? I would love to know!

~ Photography: @artisticspring
~ SHOP
~ Follow Me: IG: @fashionradi   Twitter: @fashionradi
Pinterest: FashionRadi   Facebook: FashionRadi


                                                                                
                                                                                                                         Love, Radi     

119 comments

  1. Que looks maravilhosos.
    Ótimas fotos.
    Beijos.
    http://vinteedoisdemaio.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for these tips! I definitely need to practice more and try using props! They can totally elevate a shot!

    www.sundaydahlias.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips, I love exploring different angles and props are fabulous in adding more depth to photos. xx

    Much Love
    Elegant Duchess xx
    https://www.elegantduchess.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice tips. I have not enough experience to pose in photos.
    Lovely wishes
    Nancy <3
    https://Orangecosmetics.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It takes a bit of practice to get the hang of it.
      Have a great one Nancy!

      Delete
  5. Great tips! Thanks for sharing! By the way, love the outfits!
    Kiss!
    In Beautyland

    ReplyDelete
  6. Qué chulas, me han encantado, un besazo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh thanks for share all these tips~ I must confesss that I never know how to pose
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and your sister make a great team and you have the photos to prove it! Thanks for the tips!!
    http://style4lessvegas.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much Radi, I really need to practice those important points.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Muy interesante este post
    Un besito

    https://www.elblogdebarbaracrespo.com/2019/10/friends-t-shirt/

    ReplyDelete
  11. very useful tips ☺
    first of all, standing in front of the lens, first of all I have to be in a good mood - then I feel good, and unfortunately the bad mood shakes the pictures terribly
    best regards
    Lili

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the tips! These are really helpful!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have great poses, like model. I try poses but I am not so good.

    Somethingbykate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you to say! I appreciate it lots!

      Delete
  14. Fabulous tips! I'm usually on the other side of the camera and I find it best to keep my subjects engaged in conversation throughout shoots because it keeps them relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the beautiful post!
    Have a nice day)  

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for these useful tips, after 11 years of blogging I am still camera-shy!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great tips! I think being relaxed is really important because tension shows on photos. As your sister said, it's important to have fun. Play with the camera is a great tip. I also agree that it is important to trust the photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great tips.
    I really need to practice pose in photos.
    Kisses!

    galerafashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your photos are amazing, it's very visible you have a lot of experience. Thanks for sharing your tips! :))

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great tips, I need a great photographer, I take great pics to others but the opposite didn't happen.

    MRS. MARGOT

    ReplyDelete
  21. great ideas ♥ love these tips!


    Beijinhos
    n. // www.fashionjacket.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that you incorporate so many different elements for your photoshoots. The angles that you have are great. Big plus with the background! Thanks for sharing all of these tips!

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are great tips! I'd love to be more adventurous with my photos but it's just me taking them myself before hearing out the door with the kids so it's a quick tripod shot and we leave, haha!

    Hope that you are having a great weekend! I went out to a fashion show last night, it was a lot of fun :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are such great tips:) I am my own photographer (just put the camera on tripod and set timer) so I must admit I do feel stupid sometimes just posing in front of it, which is why most of my pics are taken in the backyard:D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yes girl I loved this post <3

    www.surrealserene.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great tips... you're a super model!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! Really good tips for posing. Sometimes I feel I always look the same heheh but I will use them for sure.
    Kisses,
    E.
    https://www.withcapitale.com/2019/10/happy-birthday-card-tutorial-enes.html
    https://www.instagram.com/withcapitaleofficial/

    ReplyDelete
  28. These are suck great tips! I definitely need some help when it comes to pose for the camera. I always end up doing the same poses and all my photos look the same, so sad.

    littlewonderlandxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In that case... I really hope this post helped :)

      Delete
  29. Nice tips Radi

    saludos LL

    www.lalouuula.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great tips! Such a helpful post!

    Have a nice day,
    matiime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Amazing tips, your photos always look incredible and I love the locations you choose! I'm awful in front of the camera. It's great that your sister is always down to take photos too x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  32. I've been blogging for a really long time and I still get awkward posing with photos. Thanks for the tips!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great tips dear. I normally struggle with finding a good location

    ReplyDelete
  34. These are some really helpful tips. I have always loved your pictures Radi. Hugs to your sister too. By the way driving is still not natural to me lol. :-)

    Via | http://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such a great post! thanks for sharing!

    Carina | https://carinazz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  36. I believe in all these tips especially trusting the photographer because it is until then that you get to relax in front of the camera which will show eventually in the photos.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great tips, you always pose wonderful on your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thanks a lot =) Oh yes I love it so much to buy souvenirs in other countries =)

    Great post with useful tips =) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Such great tips hun!
    xx- Nina
    http://www.stylingwithnina.com/2019/10/chic-day-time-look-for-fall.html

    ReplyDelete
  40. These are all such great tips, babe! Having a great relationship and dynamic with your photographer is key. You need to feel comfortable with him/her in order to let loose in front of the camera. Otherwise, the tension can come off in your facial expressions and body language. Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a great week!

    XO,
    Jalisa
    THE STYLE CONTOUR

    ReplyDelete
  41. These tips helps me when I was stuck taking a picture.
    Thank you for sharing ♥

    xx
    Amira
    www.theamiraword.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Those are cool tips!

    Federica
    www.federicadinardo.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love this post so much! I need all of the help I can get, I'm awful at posing for photos!

    Ashlee | https://www.maybeafterbrunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Good post!! And nice photos!!
    Greetings.

    NEW POST IN MY FASHION BLOG!!: http://www.adrianosle.com/2019/10/novedades-musicales.html

    ReplyDelete
  45. I like to value the environment and my look. I love doing poses that seem to get taller. Abuse of accessories to make the look beautiful, as well as makeup should be perfect.
    xoxo www.diadebrilho.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. Thank you for that inspiring post. I'm gonna use these tips for sure. <3 Have a nice Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  47. These are helpful and great tips, Radi. Thanks much for sharing and have a blessed week.

    https://www.missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  48. Great tips. I agree with these. Hope you have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love the pics!

    https://www.biigthais.com/

    Kisses ;*

    ReplyDelete
  50. I take my own photos and poses have always been a struggle for me. These are great tips! I definitely need to start using props!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  51. Nice tips! I confess I'm not comfortable when I am photographed and I will try the 1st tip.

    Beijos/Kisses.

    Anete Oliveira
    Blog Coisitas e Coisinhas
    Fanpage
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  52. SUCH a helpful post!! I need all the help I can get when it comes to posing!! x Shannon • www.essellesse.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. Amei a postagem.
    Ótima semana! Beijos

    (Estou de volta)
    www.byglamour.com

    ReplyDelete
  54. Love these great tips!!
    xo, Jane
    http://www.fitfabfunmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  55. Such great tips for posing. I'm still learning this art.
    Have a happy Monday <3
    Love <3
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  56. I guess, I'm the worst poser infront of a camera ever. I prefer beeing behind the camera, but maybe your tipps will help me out the next time, I`ll try for sure. Have a lovely week dear, love x S.Mirli!

    ReplyDelete
  57. I love this, really great tips dear! Thanks for sharing!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  58. Great post, Radi!!
    Thank you for the wonderful tips that I wanted to know for a long time!
    My sister also takes a picture for me, and sometimes my son does.
    Your team motivates my team<3
    We take about 200 photos, so next time we want to try 300 photos!!!

    akiko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Akiko!
      So sweet!!! Keep up the great work!

      Delete
  59. I needed this post as an Instagrammer who always has an awkward pose haha!
    Soph - https://sophhearts.com x

    ReplyDelete
  60. Articolo davvero interessante che ho letto tutto d'un fiato

    https://nettaredimiele.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  61. These tips are very much needed dear :) I am gonna check out these now <3 Wonderful Post! Have a great day!
    Allurerage
    Rampdiary

    ReplyDelete
  62. I'm loving your posing tips, lady- you always take the coolest photos!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  63. I love your poses and your photos, I think you're amazing!
    Loved the photos and the tips :)

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  64. Those are really great tips! Love them!

    XO

    Daria

    https://www.dbkstylez.com

    ReplyDelete
  65. These are wonderful tips! I've been agonizing (yes, agonizing) over some shots I need to get so I can get my next post out. I just hate being photographed and I'm totally uncomfortable with the camera. 300 shots, huh? I think my photographer (my poor hubby to whom I just hand the camera and say, "here - hold this halfway down and when I come into focus, snap it") would totally give up after 10 or 15 :P Your pictures are always gorgeous, but they always have a gorgeous subject. Your sister does an amazing job behind the camera.

    Ruth
    www.VogueFauxReal.com

    ReplyDelete
  66. Such a great tips from professional. You look stunning at every of your photo and this tips will be very helpful to me. Thank you for sharing.

    New Post - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2019/10/dr-brandt-do-not-age-transforming-pearl_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  67. I always good taking photo of someone. But not vice Versa.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Beautiful :))
    „Zapraszam także do siebie na nowy post - KLIK

    ReplyDelete
  69. so many useful tips hon - great pictures

    ReplyDelete
  70. I have always liked your poses and your photos, very inspiring. I agree on location, I also prefere photos made in particular places and I find tgem very important for my story. I also like trying different angles and I will consider abd try your other tips.

    ReplyDelete
  71. I love your fluffy sweater on first picture! ;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  72. Thanks a lot for sharing Radi, No wonder why your photo look so amazing
    https://www.stylebasket.in/

    ReplyDelete
  73. Hi! Interesting and useful tips, thanks for sharing. I hope you´ll visit my blog soon. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Ah yes when I first started out I dreaded shooting. I did not like people seeing me and was not sure what to do. But now? I just jump out there and start posing onlookers or not, seemed to overcome shyness though compared to walking down the street by yourself in a crowded city talking to a camera this is child's play lol. Recently I have playing with shooting with a wide angle lens and not just my nifty fifty. Great tips and advice.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  75. These are all great tips! I also love the way you edited these photos, as well! :)

    melissakacar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  76. Great tips, thank you!
    xoxo
    Ale
    New post: https://styleaholiccom.wordpress.com/2019/10/14/green-dress/

    ReplyDelete
  77. This is such a helpful post with great photography tips! For our blog, we try to use inspiring locations too. Also I definitely agree that trusting your photographer is so important! Thanks for sharing!

    http://roadesque.com

    ReplyDelete
  78. Really good tips Radi! I'll try to take your advices in consideration on my next photoshoot!
    xx

    Eli

    www.curly-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  79. Great tips! A good location is always handy!

    www.jeannieinabottleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  80. Very inspiring pohots Radi! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  81. Thank you so much for this helpful article! <3

    ReplyDelete
  82. Hey dear Radi, hope you're having a nice week so far!

    Oooh this must be one of the most useful posts for fashion bloggers and content creators around here.... congrats for writing it and thanks for all the tips. I feel (even if I don't post a lot of pictures of me on my blog and IG) that sometimes it is difficult to strike the right post without looking "forced". Why I like about your pictures is that you always look natural and comfortable with the camera, and that is so difficult to achieve, obviously after many years of blogging you know how to do the job girl :)

    I totally agree with you, props and locations could be your best friends in case you don't have a lot of experience with camera or in case you're shy :)

    Best
    Pablo
    www.heyfungi.com

    ReplyDelete
  83. Thank you for the useful tips, Radi!
    Always love reading your blog anyway :)
    Well, for me, the most important thing are : right angle and good lighting.
    Those two are very essential for me :)

    xoxo,
    |CHELSHEAFLO|

    www.chelsheaflo.com

    ReplyDelete
  84. These are really helpful tips! Using props is definitely something I need to do more often, and I agree that the location is really important.

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  85. This is a great tips, I personally struggle with trusting the photographer, but its key to having a successful shoot! x
    Diana | https://cettedame.com

    ReplyDelete