Copyright2020FashionRadi. Powered by Blogger.

THINGS TO SEE IN SAN FRANCISCO: TRAVEL GUIDE!

Hello everyone,



On my last post I mentioned I'll be out of town on a weekend getaway, so today I'm here to tell you all about it! This was my first time visiting San Francisco...it called and I answered!!! 😂

It was one unforgettable experience! So different and interesting from what I'm used to here in Las Vegas. Starting from the way of life to the unique houses and the curvy uphill streets that were a whole workout trying to walk up and down. Yep, it felt like a completely different world, which was fun to dive into for these three days that I was there! 

While in San Fran, I was able to see most of everything we had planned to see with three months of researching in advance before flying out. So, today I wanted to share with you my impressions and the top places you must check-off your San Francisco list. I hope this helps those of you who are planning to visit soon!

Before getting started, I wanted to point out that September is the best month to visit this city. You can find the cheapest airplane tickets and the weather is the nicest. Our first day there was super nice... locals told us that it usually doesn't get this sunny. So lucky right!? However, most days you can expect humidity, winds and from time to time sunshine, so pack warmer clothing as it gets very chilly quickly at nighttime. 

Now onto the attractions you must see...   

1. 
    
San Francisco is famous for the Golden Gate Bridge, so this should be your first stop. It was ours, on the day we landed. We were there on time for the magical sunset and even caught the full moon, which was happening on Friday the 13th. It was so BREATHTAKING!  

I loved the ocean breeze and seeing the bridge mesmerized me from every viewpoint. Walking barefoot in the sand and taking all this beauty in was the perfect "welcome" this city could have ever given us!

2. 


    
We landed in the afternoon and headed straight to the Richmond District where we strolled around for Asian food to feed our starving little bodies. From there we walked to the Golden Gate Park and into the tranquil Japanese Tea Garden. Entrance is $9 per person and it's open from 9am-5pm. So beautiful and perfect for Instagram photos! But also, be sure to walk around and really enjoy the beauty. It's so different from the city with lots of greenery and relaxing sounds. 

Inside the Japanese Tea Garden you can find a small cafe, where you can sit and try/enjoy Japanese food. We had noodles...for the first time! So delicious! 

3. 


  
Next up... make a stop at the most significant colorful Victorian Houses called the Painted Ladies build in the 1960's. The detail of the architecture is stunning to see!

Right across from the houses is a park where you can sit, have a picnic, and enjoy the view in front of you. On Saturday everyone was out and about taking advantage of the sunshine. It felt lively and you could hear so many different languages being spoken. Perfect start to the weekend for sure! 

Here you can definitely spend more than an hour. For us time flew by as we decided to sit front row and rest from all the walking we did earlier.  

4. 


      
From Union Square you can catch a cable car to Lombard Street. That was our initial plan, but when we got to Union Square we saw a sign that said for that same weekend the cable cars were closed, so instead we went for an Uber. We weren't able to fully get the fun experience of riding a cable car, but if you have the opportunity while in San Francisco, be sure to do it. 

I loved seeing the whole city from there with the steep eight hairpin turns street making it a tourist sight you wouldn't want to miss. It's the kind of beauty you think you could only see in a movie!

5. 


     
For seal-watching, mesmerizing sunsets, lots of shops/restaurants and a view of Alcatraz Island (a former prison), you've got to make your way to Pier 39. With a very lively atmosphere, you'll end up forgetting about time. 

Here we got to try the most popular San Franciscan dish, the clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl. Really, the best thing I tasted on this trip!!! 😋 If you're a foodie and like trying new foods when travelling, you'll love it! Mark it down as something you must eat when you visit San Fran!!!

6. 


       
The BEST 360 view of San Francisco is at the top of Twin Peaks. I mean the photos tell it all, but you've really got to see it in person!!! We visited it on the last day...hiked from the city to the very top...no wonder I can barely feel my legs! hahaha Plus, did it with heavy backpacks on because hours later we were headed to the airport to catch our flight back to Vegas. LOCAS!  

This is the view which will make you wish you could stay a bit longer and completely make you fall in love with San Francisco. That's how I felt the minute I caught a glimpse of it!!!

7. 



And our very final destination was the 163 mosaic steps created by the community that lives near by. It features flowing sea to stars design, which is stunning to watch from the bottom. These stairs became an attraction thanks to the people who made it happen. I love the idea of what people can accomplish together when they have a set idea and dedication. The power of community!


And that my friends ends my travel guide to San Francisco. These were the places which made my trip so memorable! Please let me know if you've already been to San Fran and what were your personal first impressions? If you have any more questions like where to stay, I would love to help... DM me on instagram


~ Photography: @artisticspring
~ SHOP
~ Follow Me: IG: @fashionradi   Twitter: @fashionradi 
Pinterest: FashionRadi   Facebook: FashionRadi
    


                                                                                                                                    Love, Radi

119 comments

  1. I hit all these spots the last time I was in SF too! Seeing your post makes me want to go back!

    www.sundaydahlias.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So awesome! Just looking at these photos now... I want to relive this weekend all over again :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely september 😊 thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post dear!Photos are amazing !     

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice places to visit! Twin peaks hike -up seems a challenge, and Japanese Tea Garden is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Ohh it was... that whole day we walked so much.
      Thanks for your comment and talk to you soon!

      Delete
  5. So beautiful! It's a placa that I would like to visit in the future!
    Kiss!
    In Beautyland

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so many beautiful places and things to see but my favourite is the japanese tea garden. I also love the outfits and looks you chose for visitng those places, each and every one of them is perfect for the place to see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never been to San Fransisco but I want to go so much! It seems like such a fun city! These recommendations all sound fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You managed to see a lot in three days! I went to San Francisco a few years ago and I wish I had your recommendations. Thank you for sharing!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep.. non-stop exploring from the minute we land hahaha Love it!

      Delete
  9. I am very happy that the trip was successful ☺
    I've never been to San Francisco ☺
    Painted Ladies impressed me the most ☺
    best regards
    Lili

    ReplyDelete
  10. I definitely need to go here. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences!
    Http://style4lessvegas.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and after you've got to tell me how you liked it! You're very welcome!

      Delete
  11. I have been everywhere in San Francisco with the only exeption of the japanese garden!
    https://www.dontcallmefashionblogger.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for this helpful guide... So great looks!
    https://chicchedimamma.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the suggestions. So nice pictures 😘

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a wonderful and helpful guide. Thanks for sharing!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. San Francisco looks so cool. I hope to be there one day. So many great fashions inspirations here dear xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. SF is my favorite city in the world! I lived in the Bay Area for a year and fell madly in love with the city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fell in love with this city too. It's so different from Las Vegas!

      Delete
  17. Beautiful :)
    „Zapraszam także do siebie na nowy post - KLIK

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am truly jealous! Such an amazing experience! Thanks for sharing all pictures and information. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very interesting post. I'd love to visit San Francisco.

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVED Sf!

    Federica
    www.federicadinardo.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cool! I love San Francisco, thanks for sharing your travel guide ❤

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much for this travel guide. San Francisco is on my wish list for years because so many movies are filmed there and I would like to see all of that places.

    New Post - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2019/09/lebody-form-body-massager_20.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and I hope you get to visit soon!

      Delete
  23. I'd love to see SanFran and this is so helpful! Obviously I've heard of the bigger names like the Golden Gates bridge but you've introduced me to some new places!
    Soph - https://sophhearts.com x

    ReplyDelete
  24. The last time I visited San Francisco was in September and it really is a great time of year there. We stayed by Japantown and loved it there.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for sharing.
    Handy tips.
    xx
    My Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/zorica_miteva/
    My Blog: https://theonethattravels.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. San Francisco is a dream destination! Lovely photos. The painted ladies are so cute :)

    http://www.desiringsme.com/3-reasons-to-try/

    ReplyDelete
  27. It is so cool that you got to visit San Francisco! There are so many different places to check out. You can't go wrong with the pier and Lombard street. Glad you had fun out there!

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is a great guide! I've always wanted to visit San Francisco! Those tiled steps are amazing!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  29. Two of my best friends both moved to San Francisco! I love going to visit them and seeing new things in the Bay Area, I love it there!

    Ashlee | https://www.maybeafterbrunch.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh so cool! You must know a lot more awesome places in SF!

      Delete
  30. Reading this really makes me want to go to San Francisco! I was never in the USA!
    Great Post!

    xx
    Monia | http://www.moniacagnazzo.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a great trip you had! I've never been to San Francisco but I love seeing others there, I've seen so many of these sites in movies and stuff and I'd love to visit one day!

    Hope that you are having a great weekend :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  32. Nice place to visit.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Kisses!

    galerafashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great trip and beautiful places!

    https://www.biigthais.com

    Kisses ;*

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love SF! Thanks for sharing your guide. Definitely the best things to see there!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I have always wanted to visit San Francisco, so many iconic spots! Hope you had an amazing time there xx

    Violethollow.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Aaaaw San Francisco! I really wanted a post about your SF trip and now it is here!

    I must say this is one of my favorite places in the whole world, I have been there a couple of times and maybe I could live there.... but they told me rents are a big high right now haha.

    Anyway hope I can go back soon, it is so different from the rest of California and of course the options of fun are endless! I think I did everything on your list, Radi! So I was a good tourist right?

    One of my favorite parts of the city was Haight Ashbury! Wouldn't mind to go back right now!

    Where are you going now? ;)

    Pablo
    www.heyfungi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay here it is!
      I heard the same... it's a lot more expensive there compared to Vegas.

      Yep, that makes you a great tourist hahaha!

      I'm still deciding on my next trip :) Can't wait!

      Delete
  37. I love this city and your travel guide is really interesting! That yellow coat is the coolest ever!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  38. Absolutely good =) Wraps are so great, you can fill it with everything you love to :D

    Nice post =) I love San Francisco since my childhood, I want to travel there someday =) And I want to see everything from here ^^

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love SF but it's been a while! I need to get back up there!!

    Beauty & Colour | Vegan Fashion + Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  40. great trip and beatiful photos!!! kisses!

    www.mujeresanasybellas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. OMG I was there a couple of years ago and I missed some of these amazing places Thanks for the guide so good to know for my next visit xoxo Cris
    https://photosbycris.blogspot.com/2019/09/stepping-back-in-time-with-kate-kasin.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really... hopefully you'll get to visit again soon!

      Delete
  42. I would love to visit San Francisco some day! If I do it, I'll take in consideration all your recommendations ;)
    have a great day!
    xx

    Eli

    www.curly-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wow, I always wanted to visit San Francisco, and now I want it even more, awesome photos and suggestions! <3


    http://www.couture-case.com/

    ReplyDelete
  44. Thanks for this amazing post of your trip to SFO. I love this city so much, have been there two times and will go back for sure. My most fave spot is the Japanese Tea garden, I´ve had there the best Jasmine Tea ever. Have a wonderful new week dear, love x S.Mirli
    https://www.mirlime.at

    ReplyDelete
  45. OMG!, you look totally nice in all the pictures, I have to say that I really need to go to San Francisco this year, you convenced me haha, have a amazing day today and the rest of this week.

    --GEEKY FREAKY.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love your yellow fur jacket! ;)
    Have a nice day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  47. I'd love to visit this place, have seen and heard so much beautiful about it, and this post is no less convincing! I think you gathered some really amazing places <3

    LackaDaisy

    ReplyDelete
  48. Everything looks so amazing and colourful in san francisco! I hope i get the chance to visit it one day. :)

    littlewonderlandxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. San Francisco has always been a dream! I'd love to visit this place soon. Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos <3

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    Blog: www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. This is a stunning post. That Japanese tea garden is a must.

    Bernie,
    The Style Fanatic

    ReplyDelete
  51. thanks for sharing amazing tips, I just felt like doing it too!
    Great photos!
    xoxo www.diadebrilho.com

    ReplyDelete
  52. So awesome you got to go to San Francisco. That's on my bucket list of places to visit:) Thanks for the tip about going in September!

    ReplyDelete
  53. I really want to know San Francisco ♥
    It must be so beautiful!
    I loved your photos and your tips.
    I hope one day have the opportunity to know these places you have visited.

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  54. wow great post. you look awesome

    ReplyDelete
  55. I wish I can visit San Francisco one day and already saved your post because you brought nice tips.

    Beijos/Kisses.

    Anete Oliveira
    Blog Coisitas e Coisinhas
    Fanpage
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's so nice. I hope SF is your next destination.

      Delete
  56. I've never been to San Fran, they all look like incredible spots to visit. I'd love to go one day! I really like how you've done your images here too x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  57. I absolutely LOVE SanFran! It is such a beautiful place and I love visiting!

    http://www.ruthyannie.com

    ReplyDelete
  58. Your blog made me jump off my seat & get tickets for San Francisco right now! You must have enjoyed your trip.

    Designer Pendant
    Designer Diamond Earrings
    Designer Diamond Jewellery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha... Have fun in San Fran.
      I loved it! It was an unforgettable experience.

      Delete
  59. Awesome post!

    Carina | https://carinazz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  60. I've never been in San Francisco, but I expect to go in one or two years, so I will take your recommendations! :) Hope you spend an amazing time there! Thank you so much!

    www.luciagallegoblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  61. We just travelled to Los Angeles, never went to SF.
    After reading your post, we should visit this beautiful place.

    Thank you for sharing your beautiful views and information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should. It's a lot different than LA.
      Enjoy your day!

      Delete
  62. San Fran & Napa is on my bucket list - I'm really hoping to make it happen in 2020!! bookmarking this post - soooo many good recs!
    xo, allie
    www.champagne-tuesdays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'm too already planing 2020 trips.
      Thanks Allie!

      Delete
  63. Thanks much for this guide, Radi. I can not wait to visit San Francisco some day. :-)

    https://www.missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  64. Thanks for the beautiful post!

    Have a nice day) 

    ReplyDelete
  65. I've never been to San Francisco, but I definitely have to go there, it seems a wonderful place!
    xoxo
    Ale
    New post: https://styleaholiccom.wordpress.com/2019/09/24/mfw-ss-2020/

    ReplyDelete
  66. What a beautiful places! It looks amazing!

    https://redamancyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  67. O look está perfeito,gostei bastante ficou lindo em voce <3 bjs

    Visite meu blog ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  68. i love your outfits. the place is beautiful. Have never been and i would love to visit. Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Such a great travel guide! It really makes me want to go back to San Francisco! Love your photos too!
    Julia x
    https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  70. San Francisco looks like a fab city to visit. I always found it very photogenic. I saw so many photographic prints of this city. I remember one cafe that was covered in photographs of San Francisco. There is certainly a lot to see there. Thanks for sharing. I love this time of year for travelling because it is not too hot.
    You look fabulous in all of these outfits.
    https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  71. So many beautiful photos! I've never been in San Francisco but it looks really nice.
    Have a great day!
    Lara

    www.verylara.com

    ReplyDelete
  72. I bloody love this city and you picked some great places to visit while in SF! xx

    Naya
    www.nayatilly.com

    ReplyDelete
  73. I love San Francisco, is an amazing city! Wonderful post and great pics!

    Kisses,

    https://www.theartofpaloma.com/

    ReplyDelete
  74. Ohhh I really want to go to San Francisco soon it looks amazing! Gorgeous pics Hun x

    Grace || www.gracelouiseofficial.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great city... I hope you get the chance to visit.
      Thank Grace!

      Delete
  75. San Francisco is so awesome! This travel guide is aces, babe.

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  76. I didn't know about the japanese garden! I take notes for the next time on the City!

    ReplyDelete
  77. This city is on my bucket list

    https://villemo20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  78. Estupendo post!
    Espero verte pronto por mi blog! Feliz día!
    ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  79. Thank you sharing! Love your photos!

    https://www.lostindaydreams.com/

    ReplyDelete
  80. I love San Francisco.. I went to school nearby at Berkeley and it's such a beautiful part of the country. It looks like you had such a great time - and I love your photos!

    Dee ~ Vanilla Papers

    ReplyDelete

  81. I am impressed with these places. Great post. Wonderful photos <3

    mojaszafamodnaszafa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  82. I am impressed with these places. Great post.

    xoxo

    Ariadne ♥
    De volta ao retrô | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  83. Se te ve preciosa con esas prendas! Feliz noche y gracias por pasarte por mi blog! 🌻🌻🌻

    ReplyDelete
  84. I live in SF so it's always so fun to see posts like this! I'm dying to get to the Japanese Tea Garden... I have yet to go!! Hope you loved it here <3 x Shannon • www.essellesse.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So Awesome! You'll like it... it's really lovely!
      I did... had a wonderful weekend in San Fran!

      Delete
  85. I cannot wait to visit. Thanks for sharing these places with us.

    ReplyDelete
  86. nice place & your looks...
    https://www.phototrims.com/background-removal-service

    ReplyDelete
  87. I've never been to San Francisco, so I need your great guid when I travel there someday!
    Thank you for your experience of Japanese culture!!

    akiko

    ReplyDelete